Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » The Effects of Smoking during Pregnancy

The Effects of Smoking during Pregnancy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 02:29 AM

dbarter123 is on a distinguished road
Default The Effects of Smoking during Pregnancy

Smoking has always affected the health of the smokers resulting in cancer, heart diseases, asthma etc. Everybody knows the drawback of smoking but they are just not able to quit it unless they are provided with a better option. Well, Janty cigarette is an alternative option for those who want to quit smoking. Janty helps in experiencing and offering smooth and healthy smoking without affecting the health. According to a research United States is the only country which has a large number of women smokers; more than 21.1 million women which is 18.3 percent of the population. Itís a very dangerous habit for women because if a woman is pregnant she is also affecting her child with smoking. Smoking during pregnancy highly affects the childís birth-weight and it can also result in an over-weight.

The best time for a woman to quit smoking is when she is pregnant. While being pregnant the best thing to practice is exercise. According to a group of researchers from St. Georgeís University, it has been found that even one day exercise in a week can help a woman in quitting.

According to a research, 17 percent of the women in UK and 20 percent of the women in USA smoke during pregnancy. Doctors and researchers are now seeking for healthy alternatives. It has also been said that most of the women start smoking again after they give birth.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:47 AM

Jacki is on a distinguished road

Actually, it is best for the baby, for the mother to quit smoking BEFORE conception, and not afterwards. Granted, smoking while pregnant is risky for both the baby and the mother, but quitting during pregnancy could also shock the unborn baby, depending on how severe the mother's withdrawal symptoms are. My only pregnancy came about unexpectedly, and I didn't have any luck quitting, but I did manage to cut back quite a bit. Which in the end it didn't matter; not only was my daughter born perfectly healthy, but she too started smoking when she was 15.
Old 07-15-2010, 01:24 AM

dbarter123 is on a distinguished road

yes obviouslay it better to quit smoking before pergnancy ..well u r lucky enough to have given birth to a healthy daughter...this happens rarely.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:32 AM

Noracon is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by dbarter123 View Post
yes obviouslay it better to quit smoking before pergnancy ..well u r lucky enough to have given birth to a healthy daughter...this happens rarely.
Rarely I know lots of baby's who have been born while the mother was smoking at least 15-20 babies i know of so this is not all that rare quit trying to scare people into thinking stuff, and yes it is better to quit smoking before pregnancy but it will not kill your baby, just don't smoke a pack a day limit yourself.