Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Comments from friends and family

Comments from friends and family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2017, 02:50 PM

ChainsmokerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Comments from friends and family

Over the past couple weeks my mother has commented on my smoking . She is a former smoker and uses a disposable electronic cigs and nicotine gum. She said I should try and electronic cig so I don't end up like her father /my grandfather who dealt with the consequences of smoking. I said Id quit before using an electronic cig nothing against people that use them. I enjoy smoking and that's why I smoke alot.
Old 08-27-2017, 06:35 PM
Banned

AmissChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Entire family, on both sides, are ex smokers. We take flack for sure, still, its best to live life to your own pleasure.
Old 08-27-2017, 11:16 PM

Beth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura about

My daughter when she was 12. I was a 2 ppd smoker and my husband smoked about a pack per day. She had 7th grade health class and they used all the anti smoking scare tactics. She pleaded with both of us to quit. We did. In addition to being miserable I gained 100 pounds and 10 dress sizes and was in the worst health of my life. After trying to buy a new dress for a function and not fitting into a size 24 I said screw it and bought a pack of cigarettes on the way home. My husband started smoking again about a year after that and only smokes about 5 per day now. But my daughter can't give me a hard time anymore because she's now 16 and a smoker. In fact, roles have reversed. During finals in the spring she was up to a pack per day and it was me giving her a hard time for smoking too much.
Old 08-29-2017, 06:29 PM

Beth Taylor will become famous soon enough

I sound a bit like your daughter! A pack a day by 16 and now much more at 19! A heavy addiction but I do enjoy my heavy habit.
Old 08-30-2017, 06:25 AM

Beth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Beth Taylor View Post
I sound a bit like your daughter! A pack a day by 16 and now much more at 19! A heavy addiction but I do enjoy my heavy habit.
She seldom smokes more than 10 a day, especially when school is in session. We have strict rules about where she can smoke. Schools in the US have a strict no tobacco rule. We don't let her bring cigarettes in her backpack and she's complied. We haven't had any trouble at school. But by the time I was 23 I was up to 2 packs most days, and I didn't really start until I was 21.
Old 08-30-2017, 08:35 AM
Banned

burge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these parts

I have always smoked the same since I started.
Old 08-30-2017, 02:46 PM

frenchyankee is an unknown quantity at this point

The first time I went back to the US for a visit, I hid my smoking from just about everyone. The friend I was staying with was the only one who knew I had become a smoker. He was shocked that I had started smoking in my 30's but didn't give me of lot of trouble.

The next visit, by now I was of course fully hooked, I smoked openly in front of friends and family and most couldn't understand why I had started smoking.
My ex-wife has forbidden me to smoke in front of the children which I was not planning to do anyway.

The friends I have made in Paris only know me as a smoker so they don't say anything about it, most of the are smokers anyway.
Old 08-31-2017, 07:23 AM
Banned

burge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these partsburge is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by ChainsmokerJim View Post
Over the past couple weeks my mother has commented on my smoking . She is a former smoker and uses a disposable electronic cigs and nicotine gum. She said I should try and electronic cig so I don't end up like her father /my grandfather who dealt with the consequences of smoking. I said Id quit before using an electronic cig nothing against people that use them. I enjoy smoking and that's why I smoke alot.
Your Mom is right. Especially if there are complications in the Family like COPD. All natural tobacco I believe is better for you but even then smoking too much is not.
Old 08-31-2017, 02:24 PM

ChainsmokerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

We're all away of the possible risks of smoking I'll deal with it when /if it happens. I made the choice to start and embracing smoking. I enjoy smoking especially chaining a few in a row and don't need to be reminded of possible health effects
Old 09-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

My cousin and his wife are both ex smokers and a couple of the biggest antis around. It's always "smoking is bad" or "I can't believe you still smoke!" My usual reply back is "how many beers and shots did you drink today?" Not that I'm against drinking, because I used to drink a lot and still do in moderation, but he can put away a ton and it's a daily thing for him