Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » smoker from a non-smoking family

smoker from a non-smoking family

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2017, 11:58 PM

PallMalllover is on a distinguished road
Default smoker from a non-smoking family

I came from a large family and nobody smoked in my family. I am married to a non-smoker also. I became fascinated with smoking at a young age when I saw a woman smoking when I went to a race with a friend of mine. I started sneaking smokes at age 10 and am still a closet smoker in mid life who only smokes when I have a day or weekend away from the family. Those times are few and far between. Anyone else come from a completely non-smoking family or is a closet smoker?
Old 08-07-2017, 12:00 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Your wife doesn't know you smoke?
Old 08-07-2017, 06:43 AM

No, but I only smoke when I am on a trip away from home, or when she is away.
Old 08-07-2017, 06:58 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Wow. Impressive for sure. You must go to great lengths to make sure she doesn't find out
Old 08-08-2017, 05:36 AM

Yes I do. I sometimes go a month without a smoke. I do it for the pleasure, not the addiction.
Old 08-11-2017, 05:44 PM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

I'm 35 started at 12 and still don't like smoking in front of my parents. Other family is fine though.
Old 08-11-2017, 11:45 PM

IronicChef is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by PallMalllover View Post
I came from a large family and nobody smoked in my family. I am married to a non-smoker also. I became fascinated with smoking at a young age when I saw a woman smoking when I went to a race with a friend of mine. I started sneaking smokes at age 10 and am still a closet smoker in mid life who only smokes when I have a day or weekend away from the family. Those times are few and far between. Anyone else come from a completely non-smoking family or is a closet smoker?
Your story sounds a lot like mine - I grew up in a non-smoking house but was fascinated with smoking for as long as I could remember. I had my first at age 8, and was a closet smoker, like you, for years. At age 35 I started smoking regularly and came out to pretty much everyone. Honestly, it wasn't that big of a deal, and it makes smoking so much more pleasurable. No one else in my family smokes and I rarely smoke around them because it's usually limited to short visits or meeting for dinner somewhere.

Unlike you, my wife knew I was a closet smoker, even though I thought I was hiding it pretty well. She didn't like it much when I became a regular smoker, but we're divorced now and I'm happier than I've ever been.
Old 09-05-2018, 06:24 AM

Spies is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to Spies

I grew up in a non smoking family. but they knew I smoked. My aunt and uncle smoked and I was visiting them when they started to light up and they offered me one. So I got to smoke with them.
Old 09-10-2018, 01:06 PM

Ivar is an unknown quantity at this point

I come from a non-smoking family also. My parents and brothers donít smoke. They know I smoke and donít understand why I do.
Old 09-12-2018, 05:10 AM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

I also comes from a non-smoking family (for the most part), but, of all the family members that I grew up around, I'm the only one that smokes. I had grandparents who smoked, but, they passed away before I was born, so I don't know anything about their smoking history, other than what I can see in old photos.

Being a late starter, once I started smoking more and more on a regular basis, I knew this was something that I was going to have to face, so I did on my terms and I told my parents upfront and honestly and that I made the decision to start smoking and it was my decision alone. My parents accepted the decision and ever since then, everyone knows that I smoke and I still don't smoke in front of them out of respect, but, there have been cases where I have bought cigarettes with them with me and it wasn't until earlier this year that they found out about how much I was smoking a day.