Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

kids smoking

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 AM

smoke luv is on a distinguished road
Default kids smoking

I was just wondering if there is there are people here with kids that smoke, what age did you let them smoke?
Old 02-17-2010, 10:33 AM

luckylucius is on a distinguished road

OK, since parents don't answer to this question, I'll tell you that I had a classmate who had a smoke as breakfast at the age of 16, obviously in his parents' house. I don't know how old your kids are, but I guess that in my country (Argentina) they are allowed to smoke at home between the ages of 16 and 18.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Chief Smoker will become famous soon enough

I started smoking at age 15 but my parents didn't officially let me smokes in front of them till I was 17 years old. I grew up overseas where smoking wasn't considered as taboo as it is here in the states.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:20 AM

Jackalope is on a distinguished road

Letting kids smoke is never a good idea. I started at 15, and it didn't help me get anywhere.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:31 PM

Jacki is on a distinguished road

I reluctantly let mine start at 15. But before I did, I thoroughly explained possible future consequences; possible health risks, cravings at the most inconvenient of times, expense. I didn't have to explain what a pleasure smoking could be; she had already found that out for herself. What pushed me to go ahead and let her smoke was the fear that if I didn't willingly let her smoke, and subsequently provide her with cigarettes, that she'd do it anyway behind my back, and get cigarettes from the wrong crowd. At least this way, I was in control.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:26 AM

SMorris is on a distinguished road

I have 2 daughters, ages 13 and 11. I allowed both of them to start at age 10. I didn't force them; both chose to and asked my permission. I gave them my permission and I don't regret it one bit. I would do the same again. They love their cigarettes and I am glad they do! My 13 year old smokes about three quarters of a pack a day and my 11 year old, about half a pack and sometimes more. I told them that the amount they smoke is up to them and that I will support whatever level they decide to do.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Super Moderator

Therion will become famous soon enough

I once saw a kid who looked 6 or 7 smoking.
Old 12-19-2014, 07:23 AM

SMorris is on a distinguished road
Default To Therion

Therion, the way I see it, if the kid wanted to smoke at that age, and the parent didn't mind, that's ok.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:05 AM

maineman is on a distinguished road
Default both sons smoke

I have two sons, now 17 and 20 years old and both of them are smokers. When Max, the 20 year old, was 14 he asked me when he was allowed to start smoking and I told him never. It wasn't long before my neighbor told me he had seen Max smoking. I confronted him when he came home and of course he denied ever having smoked. I started paying closer attention to my packs and soon realized cigarettes went missing. Max must be the guilty one and I caught him in the act soon enough. It was pretty obvious he liked smoking so I let him smoke at home, knowing from my own experience that once a kid picks up smoking no matter what you say or do as a parent he will continue. It is amazing how fast you get used to seeing your kid smoke and how fast they are addicted. Tim, the 17 year old, started smoking last year when the three of us went on a father and sons camping trip. As we were setting up camp, Max and I of course took a smoke break and Tim asked if he could have a cigarette aswell.
Sure bro Max said and gave him his lit Red. There was not much I could do about it and by the time we went home 4 days later Tim carried his own pack.
Old 01-22-2015, 05:24 AM

AndreJBates is an unknown quantity at this point

According to law and act smoking has banned in many state but so its better that the parent will not allow their kids for smoking. Smoking is injurious to health and it will not good for the health of kids.