Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Third Hand Smoke - Seriously?

Third Hand Smoke - Seriously?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Super Moderator

Chief Smoker will become famous soon enough
Default Third Hand Smoke - Seriously?

Has anyone heard of what they are now calling 'Third Hand Smoke'?

Technically it is the toxic residue left on furniture, clothing, and hair by people smoking cigarettes. Anit-smoking advocates are now claiming this is public health menace but it's obviously being distorted for political purposes.

There are actually people researching this and wasting OUR money. I was shocked to read that and it's just one more way to come down on the smoking population in this country.

What they are saying is if you get on an elevator with someone who just had a cigarette and can smell the smoke, you are harming yourself.

Is this ridiculous or what?
Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 PM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Cool

Third hand smoke is one of the biggest complaints from non-smoker homebuyers. They'll look at a used home that is just perfect for them and the "Hideous smell" of tobacco kills the sale everytime. Plus, you can never get rid of that smell unless you tear the house down and build it over again.

My home was on the market last year; I painted the entire interior twice, refrained from smoking indoors thereafter and still the smell was overpowering to non-smoker homebuyers. Of the 26 homebuyers that looked at this house, only one was a smoker and she did not notice the smell. However, she was horribly obese and could barely fit through the front door. The other 25 all complained of the overpowering odor of 3rd hand smoke. Be forewarned if you intend to sell your home.
Old 08-27-2009, 10:30 AM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

My buddy has been a long time indoor smoker so I can agree with the above comment about how it creeps into walls and carpets. The one shocking thing was he went on vacation for roughly 2 weeks and his condo was sealed up. He forgot to turn off his ionizers from sharper image and they ran the whole time. Amazingly enough when he returned he vowed to smoke outside only....the cigarette smell seemed to be gone! Even my mouth dropped out.

On the other hand these anti facist are getting old with how creative they must get to continue their health concerns on cigarettes. I guess they have yet to jump on the band wagon of hating overweight people but once cigarettes are banned they will of course be their next punching bag.