Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Starter brand

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2015, 11:14 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by teen_smoker View Post
Yeah, the store I go to knows it has the market cornered on my school and they jack the price up. At gas stations you can get Reds for about $10.

I'm not sure how to describe the weird aftertaste and the weird buzz from Newport but I didn't like it. I did like the coolness of the smoke though. It almost felt "cleaner" that a Red did, and easier on my lungs too. (Reds make me cough every once in a while.) Next on my list to try is Camel Crush and then probably a Marlboro menthol, one of those ones that you said were made for younger smokers. I also want to try American Spirits at some point.
Nix the Camel Crush. It screams "teeny bopper" starter smoke ... you just DON'T go from Marlboro Reds to Camel Crush. Smoke like a man, bro.

Remember, you don't pack American Spirits. Btw, you'll probably get a knock-your-socks-off buzz from them, esp. the full flavor ones.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Camel crush is a stupid novelty, and the menthol tastes like shit. American spirit is the best commercial smoke imo. They cost more, but you get more tobacco so it evens out
Old 12-10-2015, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Connor,
Listen to us, please. Get this Camel Crush out of your head. Ohio's absolutely right: It's nothing but a gimmick. If you are going to pay $12 a pack, at least smoke something good. Ohio's also right about American Spirits, they are the best commercial brand. The FF non-menthol (pastel blue pack) is very good, it's an English-style blend like Benson & Hedges, but is all-natural and, of course, lasts longer.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 12-10-2015 at 11:23 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:22 PM

kyle93 is on a distinguished road

Don't listen to them Connor! I smoked Camel Crush all through college and they're a great smoke. Not as intense as a Red, but I loved them for what they are. And they're very popular.

American Spirits are fantastic. Pricey as hell, but if you can afford them, they are a near-perfect smoke.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

Kyle,
"Father" isn't pleased.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:25 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Well Connor does fall in the teeny bopper category. Lmao
Old 12-10-2015, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
Well Connor does fall in the teeny bopper category. Lmao
Yeah, and let's get him out of it. LOL.
Old 12-10-2015, 11:31 PM

teen_smoker will become famous soon enough

HAHAHAHAHA well now I know how to stir things up on here! I think I'd fucking shoot myself before I called myself a "teeny bopper", but if they are designed for people my age I am going to at least give them a try before I decide they're a gimmick. Thanks for the American Spirit rec, I've never been able to figure the colors out myself!

I'm going out for a smoke. Hope my Camel Crush idea didn't start too much of a fight!
Old 12-10-2015, 11:34 PM
Super Moderator

The only colors I know are yellow for lights, gold for organic, orange for ultra light. And green for menthol. I don't know the full flavor or perique colors
Old 12-10-2015, 11:43 PM

teen_smoker will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by SouthernPrep View Post
teen_smoker, would you like to PM sometime? If so please send me a message. New user to the forum here and can't figure out how to PM you. Thanks.
I couldn't PM you either--it says you're either ineligible to receive PM's or you chose not to. Maybe check your settings?

It does give me the option to message you by email.