Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » How do you smoke your cigarettes...?

How do you smoke your cigarettes...?


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009, 04:10 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Elijah17 is on a distinguished road
Default How do you smoke your cigarettes...?

Like, do you hold them between your pointer and ring finger, or between pointer and thumb? Do take long inhales, or a bunch of smaller ones? Do you tap the ash constantly or just let it build up?

Basically, what are your "nervous ticks" while smoking. I know that I tap the ash after almost every drag, and I tend to hold my cig like a normal person (between pointer and middle finger), unless it's really short. You?
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-26-2009, 09:41 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Adanai is on a distinguished road
Default

I would have to say that I am REALLY OCD about ashing.

But depending on what I'm smoking manipulates the inhale. I usually inhale pretty deep (it hurts) to get a quicker buzz, usually because I smoke at work a lot.

And I hold it the generic way. And when I'm bored, I'll french smoke (no point in really doing this, just kinda looks cool).
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2009, 12:35 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: USA
Posts: 4
Rep Power: 0
Jess C is on a distinguished road
Default

I hold my cigs between my index and middle finger always. I flick the ash when it is almost ready to fall off by itself. Sometimes my lips get stuck to the filter and I get burned between my fingers when I try to remove the cig from my mouth. I never smoke in my bedroom and I always make sure the ashtray is nothing lit when I throw the butts out. No need for FSC here. The government force it on us. I wish death to mr obama too. He is mr 2 face, liar evil evil man. Iranian leaders are saints compared to him
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2009, 01:26 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
Frank is on a distinguished road
Default

I hold it between my index and middle finger until it gets short, at which point I'm either done or hold it between my index finger and thumb. I'm mostly taking small inhales, but I'm new and still experimenting. I probably tap the ash every 2-3 drags.
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US
Posts: 6
Rep Power: 0
Elijah17 is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Frank View Post
I hold it between my index and middle finger until it gets short, at which point I'm either done or hold it between my index finger and thumb. I'm mostly taking small inhales, but I'm new and still experimenting. I probably tap the ash every 2-3 drags.
You smoke exactly like me.... Only I tend to take bigger drags. I started out smoking weed, so I guess I'm used to really sucking the smoke in.

Also, just a general question, will I ever stop getting slightly dizzy? I've been smoking for more than a week, and towards the end of each cig I start to get a little bit unbalanced, and either have to sit down or walk more slowly. Is this normal?
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US
Posts: 21
Rep Power: 0
Frank is on a distinguished road
Default

Originally Posted by Elijah17 View Post
You smoke exactly like me.... Only I tend to take bigger drags. I started out smoking weed, so I guess I'm used to really sucking the smoke in.

Also, just a general question, will I ever stop getting slightly dizzy? I've been smoking for more than a week, and towards the end of each cig I start to get a little bit unbalanced, and either have to sit down or walk more slowly. Is this normal?
Funny, I've been smoking for about exactly the same time and I have the same issue.

I'm wondering the same thing, although I don't really mind it. I don't walk and smoke at the same time.
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2009, 11:14 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: US
Posts: 15
Rep Power: 0
Adanai is on a distinguished road
Default

You'll stop feeling it when you build a resistance to nicotine, which won't be for a while.
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-11-2009, 10:28 PM
Chief Smoker's Avatar
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 493
Rep Power: 62
Chief Smoker will become famous soon enough
Default How do you smoke your cigarettes

Wow,

I would really go see a shrink about your OCD issues with all that ashing. I dated a chick once that did the same thing and I must tell you, it's one of the factors that made me break up with her. I couldnt take the constant ashing, cigarettes are supposed to mellow you out. I'm just saying!
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-13-2009, 09:14 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Argentina
Posts: 18
Rep Power: 0
luckylucius is on a distinguished road
Default

Well, when I get bored of holding my cigarette between my index and middle finger, I change its position. Just play. I like to look at the smoke going up from the top of my cig, to see it burning slowly, to take as deep drags as I can and to tap the ash when it's kind of half a centimeter long. My favourit moment to smoke is after eating, it's so good!
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: ct
Posts: 174
Rep Power: 0
bryannaome has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default

Originally Posted by luckylucius View Post
Well, when I get bored of holding my cigarette between my index and middle finger, I change its position. Just play. I like to look at the smoke going up from the top of my cig, to see it burning slowly, to take as deep drags as I can and to tap the ash when it's kind of half a centimeter long. My favourit moment to smoke is after eating, it's so good!

first cigarette in the am,after work, before bed after sex, or a huge project. people who don't smoke aren't living . nuthing compares to lightning up taking that first long deep slow drag holding it then slowly exhaling
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Cigreviews.com



Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.0

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13