Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Before you started

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2017, 03:19 AM

Wayne2045 is an unknown quantity at this point

I gave both my parents grief about it. Then I got curious in my high school years and tried it myself.
Old 10-21-2017, 04:54 PM

MarlboroGregg is an unknown quantity at this point

Hated it when my parents smoked in the car and always whinged about it. Couldn’t believe that smoking was good and as an inquisitive 12 year old just had to find out myself. Bought myself a pack of Marlboro Lights, long live cigarette machines, quickly learned to like it. I got permission to smoke at home when I was 13. Hypocrite that I am told my kids they had to be at least 17, times had changed. None of them started smoking sofar.
Old 10-21-2017, 08:18 PM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

Now that I think about it, giving my mom grief for smoking was really just me being jealous.
Old 10-21-2017, 10:12 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

I grew up in a non-smoking household, though a majority of my relatives on both sides were smokers. I never gave anyone grief about it; on the other hand, I didn't show any interest in it until I was 12, after starting junior high school.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:49 AM

Ivar is an unknown quantity at this point

Nobody in my family smokes so there was nobody to give any grief about it.
In highschool a couple of my friends started smoking and I sure gave them grief about it. Told them they were fools for doing so.
When I started smoking about a year later myself, I felt guilty about it.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:38 AM

Beth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura about

My parents had both quit before I was a teenager. I smoked at parties in high school and college but was not a regular smoker (never had a pack in my purse). First job after college I had 2 friends at work who smoked and I would go with them on smoke breaks (when we still had indoor smoking lounges in the office). After bumming off them a couple of months I started buying my own. Given how much I smoke now, I’m sure I would have been a regular smoker at 14 if my parents had still smoked.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:14 PM

drum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hell yeah, was complaining about their smoking all the time, once my sister started she also received my comments. I of course would never start smoking!
Old 11-03-2017, 03:33 PM

Sorry guys this probably belongs in the why did you start smoking thread.

During puberty I was pretty rebellious and got into trouble a lot. At 15 I started smoking for all the wrong reasons, to impress my friends, because it was cool, because it made me look mature (yeah right), and in my puberessant brain most likely more reasons.

I started smoking with Samson RYO, it took me a couple of days to get the rolling of cigarettes under controle but once I felt comfortable rolling a cigarette I started smoking in front of my friends. Once I started smoking openly in front of them I had to show off of course so smoked as often as I could. During a normal school day about 10 cigarettes a day, easily. Samson being pretty high in nicotine and unfiltered meant I was hooked in no time.

The summer after I started smoking we went on a family vacation and after smoking for about 7 months I had a rough time hiding my habit. When I finally let my parents know I smoked a couple of months later it turns out they already knew, so my hiding was not all to good.

Later switched to Marlboro Reds and not needing to roll each cigarette myself I quickly was smoking at least a pack a day. When I went to college I switched back to RYO, much cheaper and now Drum is my brand, didn’t make me smoke any less.

Last edited by drum; 11-03-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Drum. I bet you roll a lot faster now so keeping up with ththe habit is not an issue anymore. I can roll a “cigarette” pretty darn quickly after all these years.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by ohiophil View Post
Drum. I bet you roll a lot faster now so keeping up with ththe habit is not an issue anymore. I can roll a “cigarette” pretty darn quickly after all these years.
Definitely is not an issue anymore, I do it without thinking now, feel like a smoke grab my pouch and roll it, force of habit now not a consious thing at all.

My g/f has a younger brother who has been smoking for about two months and watching him struggle takes me back. Yesterday he said, man you don’t even look what you are doing, told him not to worry he will be the same in a short while.