Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » What Kind Of Smoker are You?

What Kind Of Smoker are You?

View Poll Results: What Kind of Smoker Best Describes You?
Openly Indulgent 16 80.00%
Closet 2 10.00%
Occasional/Social 2 10.00%
Reluctant 0 0%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2015, 02:35 PM

filter man has a spectacular aura aboutfilter man has a spectacular aura about
Default What Kind Of Smoker are You?

I thought I'd afford the opportunity for fellow smokers here to slot into a category which best describes their particular smoking culture.I've therefore attempted a schedule via a poll for smokers to examine.This is detailed below;
1-OPENLY INDULGENT; probably the most popular category.These smokers smoke for the sheer enjoyment that smoking delivers in their daily lives.Smoking regularly and in public,with or in the presence of friends/family.
2-CLOSET; these smokers may also be indulgent but only smoke in secret for whatever reason.Usually neither friends nor family are aware.
3-OCCASIONAL/SOCIAL; people who tend to only smoke in special/celebratory circumstances.Often it's a cigar or similar.
4-RELUCTANT; smokers who no longer enjoy smoking but are unable to quit for whatever reason eg "addiction"?
5-OTHER; apologies if I've omitted a category but here's your opportunity.Please describe your particular smoking situation in the general reply space.
Nb; I'm "openly indulgent"!!

Last edited by filter man; 05-30-2015 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 05:29 PM

cigsmoker92 is an unknown quantity at this point

I was a "closet smoker" for a few months after I started smoking at 11. Then when my parents found out (both my parents and my older brother smoked) I started smoking openly around them, so now I'm an "openly indulgent" smoker. So much easier than trying to be a closet smoker, I don't even know why I tried to hide it when my parents and brother also smoked.
Old 05-30-2015, 10:23 PM

NorCalBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I, like most on this website, would qualify as openly indulgent. I'm pretty open about my habit and really don't care who sees me smoking. Being a smoker is just part of my identity as a person.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:26 AM

Marbs4ever will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cigsmoker92 View Post
I was a "closet smoker" for a few months after I started smoking at 11. Then when my parents found out (both my parents and my older brother smoked) I started smoking openly around them, so now I'm an "openly indulgent" smoker. So much easier than trying to be a closet smoker, I don't even know why I tried to hide it when my parents and brother also smoked.
Most of us who started at 11 were closet smokers at first. By around 12 I wanted to be able to smoke with my best friend. His parents, like mine, were both smokers and his 15 year old brother was already smoking openly. So one day when we were hanging out I brought my pack and asked him if he'd ever tried it. It turned out he'd been smoking on his own for a few months like I was. After that we smoked together all the time.
Old 05-31-2015, 10:31 AM

wbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nicewbealsd is just really nice

Other than pre-teen/early teen years, I've smoked openly.

Pretty common "back in the day," if you're as old as I am - lol
Old 06-02-2015, 09:57 AM

Seems all smokers here so far are clearly indulgent.Good!
Old 06-02-2015, 03:32 PM

cigs4todd is on a distinguished road

Even though I only picked up this wonderful habit at 18, I was a closet smoker for the first four months. Although unplanned my dad saw me smoke and as he joined me for a smoke told me I didn't have to hide my smoking anymore. I was so relieved to be an openly indulgent smoker from then on.
Old 06-04-2015, 12:12 PM

Question

Do you have a preferred brand Todd now that you've settled down as an openly confident,regular smoker?Maybe your Dad's?Marlboro Reds seem very popular in the USA although they're not supposed to be the same outside the States.Nevertheless-if I'm abroad I find them quite an acceptable smoke.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:34 AM

cigs4todd is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by filter man View Post
Do you have a preferred brand Todd now that you've settled down as an openly confident,regular smoker?Maybe your Dad's?Marlboro Reds seem very popular in the USA although they're not supposed to be the same outside the States.Nevertheless-if I'm abroad I find them quite an acceptable smoke.
I smoke Marlboro Gold myself, love the white filter and the smooth taste, for a while smoked 100's but now am back to shorts, to me they just taste better.
Old 06-07-2015, 09:48 AM

sfosmkr is on a distinguished road

I am openly indulgent and don't care what others think of me when they see me lighting up.