Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Anyone still smoke unfiltered cigarettes daily?

Anyone still smoke unfiltered cigarettes daily?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2015, 09:33 PM

Camelman_420 is on a distinguished road
Default Anyone still smoke unfiltered cigarettes daily?

I am 18, I've been smoking since I was 14. But anyways I smoke camel unfiltered daily about a pack a day right now till I have a better paying job, then I'll probably increase to 2 packs (which was how much I smoked when I was smoking filters sometimes more)
Anyways looking to see if anyone smokes unfiltered on here still, not many people do these days especially my age.
I've tried camel, pall mall, lucky strike and chesterfield unfiltered, all great but I love camel the most for the taste, strength and good nicotine kick.
So who smokes unfiltered? How long have you smoked them? Brand of choice? And how much a day?
Old 05-25-2015, 09:30 AM

juanarg is an unknown quantity at this point

First of all, why are you deciding now how many packs per day you wish to smoke in the future?! Really, why? Do you smoke to achieve a numbers goal, or do you smoke to enjoy the act and the sensations from the inhaled smoke?

As for unfiltered, the only reason I don't smoke them is that filters are neater and cleaner, leaving no tobacco in the mouth. Also, the cigarette paper tends to stick to my lips, which is also a pain. I have, on occasion, cut off the filter with a razor blade, but the smoking sensations were still the same for me, so I haven't bothered to do that since.

A filter also allows me to smoke virtually ALL the tobacco without burning my fingers. So, when you add up the paper sticking to the lips, the tobacco pieces in the mouth, reduced tobacco usage and burnt fingers I can't really think of any good reason to smoke them. But, alas, that's just me.

Last edited by juanarg; 05-25-2015 at 09:32 AM.
Old 05-28-2015, 07:41 PM

the iron horse will become famous soon enoughthe iron horse will become famous soon enough

After being a Marlboro daily smoker for years, I now
prefer Lucky Strikes non-filter.

I'm an occasional smoker and prefer the rich tobacco taste of Lucky Strikes that comes through without a filter.
Old 05-28-2015, 09:56 PM

NorCalBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've tried unfiltered and liked it (except that you need dry lips for them to not get stuck) but I'm also find filtered to be just as enjoyable.

My dad used to smoke both but when we started buying cartons as a family, he switched to full-time filtered.
Old 05-30-2015, 12:48 PM

filter man has a spectacular aura aboutfilter man has a spectacular aura about

I'm a filtered smoker(as my username confirms).I find a top quality filter cigarette such as Embassy delivers all the taste,flavour and satisfying sensation I seek from smoking.A decent filter keeps the cigarette firm throughout smoking and also avoids bits of tobacco entering the mouth.Of course this is just my own opinion.Each smoker to their own view-as it should be since smoking is very much an individual experience.
Old 06-06-2015, 04:36 PM

Harley M. is an unknown quantity at this point

Not daily, but a few Camel straights a week... they used to be my regular brand for a while when I was about your age, and I liked them a lot.

Most younger people don't even try 'em, or they do and give it up quick. My family knew several people who smoked Camel straights -- my dad's best friend, a guy my mom worked with -- and I thought the packaging was cool (still do).

The bad side -- they're more expensive, sometimes hard to find and people would razz me for smoking "old man cigarettes."

The positive side -- tasted great, people hesitated to bum them ("I can't smoke that!") and occasionally you'd meet an ex-Camel smoker who asked for one for old times' sake. I've never met anyone who smoked them that didn't really enjoy them. Pall Mall and Lucky unfiltered just don't have the same taste, to me.

Anyway, enjoy them. They're great cigarettes and not enough young people try them out.
Old 07-07-2015, 12:01 PM

wantlowballs is on a distinguished road

Yes, I haul down about 2 packs of camel nfs and two packs of reds each day. Slowly moving more toward the nfs. They're successfully helping me increase past 4ppd, where I've been for 4 or so years.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:43 PM

CigaretKretek.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Almost everyday I smoke unfiltered kretek. Dji Sam Soe kretek.