Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » How soon do you smoke your first cigarette after waking in the morning

How soon do you smoke your first cigarette after waking in the morning

View Poll Results: How soon do you smoke your first cigarette after waking in the morning
Less than 5 minutes 65 58.04%
5-30 minutes 40 35.71%
Greater than 30 minutes 7 6.25%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2019, 11:43 AM

j.walsh408 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Heike View Post
That first cigarette (which rivals the cigarette after intercourse) is not only the best, it's a necessity. For me, during the day, I can't imagine going more than an hour or so without a cigarette. But when I wake up, I've been quit for around eight hours. It's a quit I love losing!
Oh, so true! That first cigarette in the morning is an absolute necessity. I can't get out there fast enough, like every fiber of my being is anticipating those first, long drags after going without for the whole night while I was asleep. Like you say, only a cigarette after sex comes close to how amazing that first smoke in the morning feels.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:46 AM

Heike is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by j.walsh408 View Post
Oh, so true! That first cigarette in the morning is an absolute necessity. I can't get out there fast enough, like every fiber of my being is anticipating those first, long drags after going without for the whole night while I was asleep. Like you say, only a cigarette after sex comes close to how amazing that first smoke in the morning feels.
Another best and necessary cigarette is after a transoceanic flight. Going eight hours without, then enduring passport control, baggage claim, and customs adds to the need.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:02 PM

j.walsh408 is an unknown quantity at this point

Another best and necessary cigarette is after a transoceanic flight. Going eight hours without, then enduring passport control, baggage claim, and customs adds to the need.
I know that feeling well. I travel to Japan at least once a month for work. The flights are a killer, but I really like it once I'm there because you can smoke just about anywhere. That aspect is great! But, yeah, after a long flight and getting through customs, I certainly find myself freaking craving a cigarette ASAP!
Old 04-15-2019, 04:30 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

The last time I had transoceanic flights to and from Kuwait back in 2003-04, I did not have a major problem not smoking.

I do sure miss the time when you could smoke inflight. When I first started flying, every seat was smoking. How did we smokers let that happen?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:17 PM

Heike is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bill View Post
The last time I had transoceanic flights to and from Kuwait back in 2003-04, I did not have a major problem not smoking.

I do sure miss the time when you could smoke inflight. When I first started flying, every seat was smoking. How did we smokers let that happen?
Some people pay extra money to sit in business, or economy plus. I'd gladly pay extra to be able to sit in smoking!
Old 04-16-2019, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

It happened because the voters of New Jersey elected Frank Lautenberg to the U.S. Senate in 1982. His Republican opponent, by the way, was the pipe-smoking Rep. Millicent Fenwick (who had been projected to win, but lost in what was considered a "stunning defeat"). She's considered the inspiration behind Lacey Davenport, a fictional character in Garry Trudeau's comic strip "Doonesbury." For the record, I had voted for Fenwick -- I was 18 at the time and it was my first time voting.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 04-16-2019 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-16-2019, 10:18 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

Some people pay extra money to sit in business, or economy plus. I'd gladly pay extra to be able to sit in smoking!
So would I. It would be a nice way to meet someone.
Old 04-17-2019, 06:41 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

So would I. It would be a nice way to meet someone.
Same here, but it's not going happen.
Old 04-17-2019, 09:26 PM

SamanthaD is on a distinguished road

It happened because there no fight or push back from the smoking community.Imagine what would happen if wi-fi was shut off in planes.People would be rioting in the streets! That's what needed to happen when smoking was banned.