Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » proud to light up in public

proud to light up in public

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2014, 09:17 PM

cigs4todd is on a distinguished road
Default proud to light up in public

As a relatively new smoker I feel very proud when I light up in public.
I love smoking and know that I a probably addicted to nicotine so have to smoke to keep my body happy, but I am proud of the smoker I am and thoroughly enjoy letting everybody see that I smoke. As I am still pretty young, just turned 18 in February and look young for my age, a lot of people are in shock when I smoke in front of them for the first time.
Old 10-07-2014, 11:09 AM

RTW65 will become famous soon enough

Cigs4todd, people will get use to you smoking and not think anything about it. Of course you still will have anti's turning up their noses, but be respectful of them but at the same time don't back down. After all this is America and we have our rights too.

Smoke & Enjoy !!!!!!
Old 10-07-2014, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Therion will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by cigs4todd View Post
As a relatively new smoker I feel very proud when I light up in public.
I love smoking and know that I a probably addicted to nicotine so have to smoke to keep my body happy, but I am proud of the smoker I am and thoroughly enjoy letting everybody see that I smoke. As I am still pretty young, just turned 18 in February and look young for my age, a lot of people are in shock when I smoke in front of them for the first time.
Just don't smoke within 15 feet of any doors or you'll get lectured. That's the law at least in my state.
Old 10-08-2014, 04:31 PM

filter man has a spectacular aura aboutfilter man has a spectacular aura about
Default Proud

Good to hear a new,young smoker feeling proud lighting up and smoking in public.This is the way it should be-smoking openly and confidently.Enjoy your life as regular smoker for the pleasure and satisfaction it offers.
Old 11-01-2014, 06:05 PM

redjohn is on a distinguished road
Default good for you

cigs4todd, I think it is great that you are a proud smoker, confident to light up in public. There will always be people who can't understand why anybody would want to smoke, but rest asured people will get used to see you smoking.
Don't worry about addiction, that just comes with territory. Just enjoy being a regular smoker, smoking is a habit that will give you a lot of pleasure.
Old 11-12-2014, 08:51 AM

bentinck is on a distinguished road

When I was a new smoker, I also looked younger than I was and also got some negative remarks. People who knew my parents threatened to tell them they had seen me smoking, as my parents already knew and accepted my decision, it was not much of a threat. I was a smoker now, fully aware of all the dangers but loving it so nobody was going to get me to quit so I just ignored them. Over time they got used to the fact that I smoked and the comments stopped.
Old 11-15-2014, 03:31 AM

Chic is on a distinguished road

I live in a state that's becoming more anti smoking by the day; one small town, Westminster, voted to ban all tobacco sales in the town and a riot errupted.

I try not to smoke in public except in my car where nobody can give me looks like I'm a parriah or something. When you're a teenager smoking in public is making a statement about becoming an adult. It's a right of passage. As you get older and other adults give you dirty looks like you're polluting THEIR envirnoment, it's not so cool. It's not fun. Though I enjoy smoking I'm made to feel like a filthy heroin addict or something with no control over my life.

I used to be able to buy cigarettes everywhere. Now there's only one tobacco shop where I can get my brand, otherwise I'd have to drive all the way to another community and they are all beginning to ban cigarette sales too.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:16 PM
Super Moderator

I know exactly what you mean Chic. I resented the dirty looks and snide comments when I smoked. Now that I vape if anyone does not like it they can kiss my ass because I know it is harmless. Just out of curiousity what brand do you smoke?
Old 11-15-2014, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Chic View Post
I live in a state that's becoming more anti smoking by the day; one small town, Westminster, voted to ban all tobacco sales in the town and a riot errupted.
So far, the ban on tobacco sales is only a proposal by the town's Bureau of Health. The "riot" you mention was a open town meeting at which citizens complained of governmental overreach. Your post gives the impression that this proposal is already a "done deal."
Old 11-15-2014, 09:45 PM
Super Moderator

Today I met a dude in his mid 20's who is a proud smoker. He smoked one Newport then 5 minutes later lit up another one all the while looking very confident. That's how you do it.