Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » If You Could Do It Over Again?

If You Could Do It Over Again?

View Poll Results: If I had to do it over again, I would:
Start smoking at an earlier age 71 37.97%
Do nothing different 78 41.71%
Start smoking at a later age 10 5.35%
Not start smoking at all 28 14.97%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 12:09 PM

randolph79 is on a distinguished road

I started smoking when I was ready to become a smoker. Have been a regular smoker since I was 13 with my parents approval so getting cigarettes under age was not a problem.
Old 05-10-2015, 09:22 AM

reds4me is on a distinguished road

I lit my first cigarette at 14 to see what smoking was all about. Not to become a smoker as I was going to quit before I was hooked. When I realised I was hooked at 16, I didn't care at all as by now I loved smoking and couldn't see myself without my Reds anymore.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:38 PM

irishjigz is on a distinguished road

After a few years of smoking I've realized that I probably should have heeded the health warnings in my health class and left the cigs alone. My lungs are certainly not what they were three years ago, even. On the other hand, the tar is delicious and the nicotine does things for me that my other vices cannot seem to do. I'll probably quit sometime in the near future, but that's not to say I won't miss it very dearly.
Old 05-25-2015, 12:16 AM

juanarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default No regrets!

My first foray into smoking was when I stole one of my Mom's Pall Malls at age 7. I can vividly remember this weird, but nice feeling in my chest. I continued stealing cigs every now and then until I was 13 when I stole one every couple days or so. My Mom smoked so many a day she didn't seem to notice.

By age 15 Mom caught me in the act and, after a long talk, she allowed me to smoke in the home and even bought my smokes for me until I got a job. In retrospect I wish Mom had caught me sooner so I could have become a regular, guilt-free smoker that much earlier in life. I loved smoking then, and still love it to this day. Mom loved me, and knew she'd never convince me to stop something I enjoyed so much. So, she even helped me to learn how to smoke properly so I'd enjoy it that much more. Man, those were the days!

Smoking has added immeasurable pleasure to my life. I am a very sensual person, so the feelings of smoke filling my lungs and the amazing sight of smoke billowing out of me is immensely enjoyable. I've developed a couple smoking rituals to keep the excitement alive which I've posted in this forum (see below). In fact, my wife and I use smoking when we make love to maximize our high level of excitement. I think she'd leave me if I were to quit. Ha!

No, no, I have no regrets and would do it all over again. I have no plans to quit - ever.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.cigreviews.com/forums/general-smokers-discussion/4353-re-breathing-exhaled-smoke-so-amazing.html

http://www.cigreviews.com/forums/general-smokers-discussion/4356-getting-bored-just-look-mirror.html
Old 06-07-2015, 09:55 AM

sfosmkr is on a distinguished road

I love to smoke and have no regrets ever starting but If I could do it all over withthe knowledge of how difficult it is to be a smoker in this day and age I would never have started.
Old 06-08-2015, 07:41 PM

NorCalBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish I'd discovered the joys of smoking earlier. I started at age 14 and wanted to be a smoker since I was seven but I think smoking would have gotten me through middle school easier. A lot of people on these pro-smoking sites started when they were 10 or 12. In fact one of my homeboys has been smoking regularly since he was 7. I just wish I had gotten more smoking in but I'm grateful I discovered it at all.
Old 06-08-2015, 11:37 PM

Marbs4ever will become famous soon enough

I smoked my first cig from a pack of Marlboro Reds I bought myself, the summer after 6th grade, just as I was turning 12. It was the early 80s, so pretty much everyone, including both my parents, still smoked. I'd been curious to try it for a while by then. I'd recently found out some of the kids in my class were already doing it. So, I decided it was time to try it for myself. Fortunately, although you were supposed to be 18 to buy them even then, it was still totally unenforced.

Although I just puffed them at first, I liked the taste. Unfortunately it would be almost a year before I found out my best friend was sneaking them on his own too. Even then, we were both still just puffing them. But having a friend to smoke with meant more opportunities to smoke. Finally some time after I was 13, I tried inhaling. I didn't cough at all and while I liked puffing on them, I loved inhaling them. I literally went from just puffing them to inhaling every drag overnight.

If I could do it over, I definitely would not have waited any longer to try it and I definitely would still start off with Marlboro Reds. Just wish I'd tried inhaling sooner and that I had friends to smoke with from the start.
Old 08-23-2015, 10:41 AM

Jim is an unknown quantity at this point

I will definitely be a smoker again though I may start at a younger age like 13 or 14 instead of 18.
Old 08-25-2015, 08:22 AM

johan is on a distinguished road

I smoked my first cigarette at 12 and have been a daily smoker since 14 and would do nothing different. Starting at an younger age would have been impossible.
Old 11-08-2015, 10:23 PM

cigs4josh is on a distinguished road

Starting at 17 was the right time for me. As I am a pretty tall guy and look older than I am this ment I could buy my cigarettes even though I was underage. Starting younger whould have not been practical.