Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Info on Cigarette content

Info on Cigarette content

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 05:08 PM
Entry Member

Amanda007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Info on Cigarette content

I am trying to research what is the most chemical free cigarette. Does anyone know why cigarettes are the only consumable that does not have to list all of its ingredients on the pack? I have been smoking American spirits and was recently referred to Nat Sherman Naturals, I can not find out anywhere if the Nat Shermans have chemicals in their filters or paper and although it does say on the Nat Sherman sight that it is 100% tobacco, does this really mean they have not added anything to filters or paper?
Old 11-24-2013, 05:41 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Probable answers to your question: (1) given the sheer number of FDA approved additives, a listing of all ingredients wouldn't fit on a pack; (2) a listing of ingredients would reveal proprietary trade secrets of a brand to competitors.
Old 11-24-2013, 08:43 PM

joelwlcx is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amanda007 View Post
I am trying to research what is the most chemical free cigarette. Does anyone know why cigarettes are the only consumable that does not have to list all of its ingredients on the pack? I have been smoking American spirits and was recently referred to Nat Sherman Naturals, I can not find out anywhere if the Nat Shermans have chemicals in their filters or paper and although it does say on the Nat Sherman sight that it is 100% tobacco, does this really mean they have not added anything to filters or paper?
Only food, drugs, and supplements have to list ingredients. Tobacco products, as well as alcohol, don't. That is because they are regulated by the ATF, not the FDA.
Old 11-24-2013, 10:29 PM

ojsglove is a jewel in the roughojsglove is a jewel in the roughojsglove is a jewel in the roughojsglove is a jewel in the rough

I thought the FDA has control of the tobacco industry now??