Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Anybody who let their kids smoke?

Anybody who let their kids smoke?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2015, 01:52 PM

Ryan James is on a distinguished road

I have always been pretty open about smoking to my boys and told them that if they wanted to smoke it was fine by me.
When my oldest was 17, I was pretty sure he had started smoking as the guys he hung out with all smoked but let him take his time telling me. My ex had already called me that she worried that he might have started smoking but I told her that I didn't have any problems with it if he did.
One day when I went to pick him up and he got into the car he smelled of smoke but I didn't say anything. He asked me if we could stop at a convenience store to pick up a pack of cigarettes because he just smoked his last one. I guess that was how he had the guts to tell me. Of course I did and even though he smokes Marb Lights I got him a carton as I know 17 year olds always are short of cash.
Old 05-23-2015, 01:04 PM

juanarg is an unknown quantity at this point
Default A Mother's Understanding.

I grew up with only my mother. My father died when I was but an infant. My Mom smoked since she was about 14, and it was so obvious how much she relished every puff when she smoked. I would sometimes watch when she was unaware, and I'd notice her holding some puffs for a very long time before exhaling the little that remained. She was always content and peaceful when she smoked. It was a beautiful scene.

Needless to say, she set an example that I chose to follow. I'd steal a cig now and then when I was as young as 7, but didn't smoke regularly until I was about 13. I hid my passion for smoking from her until I was around 15 when she caught me in the act. She sat me down and I spilled my guts like a criminal being interrogated under hot lights. Ha! Funny thing is that she wasn't interrogating me at all, but I could never lie to my Mom. She simply wanted to know the truth. I cried throughout it all and, in the end, got the reassuring hug I craved.

Knowing she smoked regularly in front of me Mom tried to advise me to stop, but said she'd understand if I wanted to continue doing what I had already confessed that I loved. The next day we went shopping and, surprisingly, Mom bought me my very first carton - they were Salems, just like her own. That evening Mom gave me permission to smoke in the home, but only if I showed I could be neat, tidy and safe with them. I agreed and treated that as a solemn pledge and never strayed! I nervously lit up my first "in front of Mom" cigarette. I don't think I enjoyed it as I was trying so hard to be perfect, but that soon faded away to where Mom and I would regularly talk and smoke together.

When Mom died she was 87. The doctor said it was simply old age that caught up to her - even after having smoked for 73 years! I inherited the smoking gene from Mom - for better or worse. I, too, relish every puff as did my Mom, and regret nothing. I loved Mom dearly and, to this day, her Salems are still the one that fulfills my smoking passion.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:52 PM

Ryan James is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Ryan James View Post
I have always been pretty open about smoking to my boys and told them that if they wanted to smoke it was fine by me.
When my oldest was 17, I was pretty sure he had started smoking as the guys he hung out with all smoked but let him take his time telling me. My ex had already called me that she worried that he might have started smoking but I told her that I didn't have any problems with it if he did.
One day when I went to pick him up and he got into the car he smelled of smoke but I didn't say anything. He asked me if we could stop at a convenience store to pick up a pack of cigarettes because he just smoked his last one. I guess that was how he had the guts to tell me. Of course I did and even though he smokes Marb Lights I got him a carton as I know 17 year olds always are short of cash.
Tonight I found out my youngest son also has started smoking as I walked into the house I found him in front of the TV happily enjoying a Red.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:55 PM

NorCalBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Well I'm too young to have kids but I can speak as a young person who was allowed to smoke.

My dad was always a heavy smoker, 2 PPD since he was 15 (About 2.5-3 PPD, though, for about a year after my mom died). I started smoking at 14, about half a pack a day but didn't come clean until about a month before my 16th birthday. Dad was hella chill about it, in fact, he said he'd always figured me and my little brother would become smokers. After that, my younger brother started smoking but my dad "give his blessing" until a year later when we started buying cartons as a family.

Now we're a smoking family and like some people above said, it really is a great bonding experience between parent and child. Nothing says "home" to me like sitting around the TV with my dad and brother, having a few laughs, eating Chinese food and chaining cigs from a communal carton.
Old 05-26-2015, 11:56 PM

Marbs4ever will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by NorCalBoy View Post
Well I'm too young to have kids but I can speak as a young person who was allowed to smoke.

My dad was always a heavy smoker, 2 PPD since he was 15 (About 2.5-3 PPD, though, for about a year after my mom died). I started smoking at 14, about half a pack a day but didn't come clean until about a month before my 16th birthday. Dad was hella chill about it, in fact, he said he'd always figured me and my little brother would become smokers. After that, my younger brother started smoking but my dad "give his blessing" until a year later when we started buying cartons as a family.

Now we're a smoking family and like some people above said, it really is a great bonding experience between parent and child. Nothing says "home" to me like sitting around the TV with my dad and brother, having a few laughs, eating Chinese food and chaining cigs from a communal carton.
What brand do you all smoke?
Old 05-27-2015, 02:22 PM

NorCalBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marbs4ever View Post
What brand do you all smoke?
Pall Mall. Occasionally one of us will have an individual pack of Parliaments or Luckies but Pall Mall are the cigs we buy in cartons
Old 06-07-2015, 11:17 AM

Jason Bancroft is on a distinguished road
Default unfortunately yes

I myself started smoking when I was 13, as this was in 1982 it was no big deal as a lot of young kids smoked at that time. Dad's Winstons in a gold pack were my introduction into the wonderful world of smoking. Were they 100's or lights I really don't know but I loved them, maybe not my first couple but actually lighting up and smoking made me feel so badass from the very beginning.
I was 14 when my mom caught me smoking, not a big deal. She of course told dad and I now was a smoker just like them and my older brother Mike who had just joined the marines.
Buying cigarettes was easy, nobody cared how old you were. Marlboro Lights had just been introduced and they were the in thing to smoke so that of course was my brand.
In college I met my future wife and introduced her to Marb Lights and to this day both of us still smoke them. We now have three kids of our own and two of them are smokers. 17 year old David has been smoking now for close to three years, we only found out a year ago, and 15 year old Samantha has been smoking around the house for three months now. She got caught in school so that is how we found out.
As both my wife and I are pretty heavy smokers there just was no way we could forbid them to smoke. We would have liked them to be like their older brother, 19 year old Brian doesn't smoke, but they decided otherwise and as a smoking parent you just have to accept their deision.
Old 08-08-2015, 04:15 PM

msjab is on a distinguished road
Default Daughters smoke

I started smoking when I was 13, my mom used to ask me to light her cigarettes while she was driving her car. I was hooked by age 15. My mom used to buy me cigarettes back then, I did not like the brand she smoked, Kool 100's. I liked Virginia Slim 100's, my best friends mom smoked those and she would steal them from her mom.
Both my daughters smoke, the youngest, 17 smokes Marlboro Gold 100's about a pack a day. The older daughter, 25 smokes Newport 100's, about a pack and half a day. they both started young, one at 14 the other at 12. I am a single mom, and have smoked just about all my life. I am a 2 pack or more a day smoker and smoke Tourney 120's.
Old 02-20-2016, 03:04 PM
Entry Member

Scottiecandid is an unknown quantity at this point

i have a son 8 and two stepdaughters 12 and 14. all are about to have birthdays. i am a heavy smoker and i have a smoking fetish. i have been hoping that both the girls would start smoking. i have tried to leave many opportunities for them to go ahead and try for themselves to no avail. but recently, i believe the youngest may be experimenting. i had smelled something while in bed with my sleeping wife from upstairs. i looked around the back door where that may have happened and also where i have my butts and cans and found a couple marlboro 100's menthol instead of my normally full flavors. i go menthol on occasion but i dont believe i ever had that brand around that time. maybe its true and hopefully i will find one or two missing from my pack next time i give it a chance. i may have to hint that i have to start smoking around the side of the house because her mom can smell it. i think it would be so cute if she were smoking at her age as i used to see when i was young. maybe soon they both will be smoking...one could hope. i have thought about saying to the oldest that if i ever caught her smoking i wouldnt tell anyone. as for my son, i really hope he never likes it. but i dont think i could keep him from it say around 14 like when i started. maybe i have preferences, but i would be fare
Old 02-20-2016, 03:54 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

I find comment #89 appalling, for multiple reasons. Enough said.