Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Anyone here run?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-27-2015, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ohio View Post
I wonder how long it's going to be before they mandate fsc tubes. Or add a special sin tax on tubes themselves.... It would be kind of hard to say they aren't used for cigarettes like "pipe" tobacco
Don't give them any new ideas!

Now, what was this thread supposed to be about? Oh, maybe it's Phil running out to get that pack of American Spirits!

Last edited by masklofumanto; 12-27-2015 at 09:10 PM.
Old 12-27-2015, 09:15 PM

docmarlboro will become famous soon enough

He's been gone a while... Must be power walking
Old 12-27-2015, 09:53 PM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

I'm not in that big of a hurry to find out the deal with them. I am running out of smokes.... Time to fill the pack
Old 12-28-2015, 12:14 AM

teen_smoker will become famous soon enough

So I actually do run long distance. I ran the 5K for my high school (not particularly well) and I actually did my first half-marathon in November. Smoking hasn't affected it yet but I'm a pretty light smoker so who knows.

My track teammates give me shit for smoking but a lot of them smoke weed anyways (and a couple others smoke cigarettes too) and it didn't affect my times so they didn't really care. Team sports like football, basketball, and soccer are where smokers really get a lot of peer pressure. Of those sports I only know of one soccer player who smokes and he hides it--I'm pretty sure most of his teammates don't know.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:18 AM
Super Moderator

ohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really niceohiophil is just really nice

Back in high school, the track and field coach would kick people off the team if they were caught smoking. He was the only one with that rule, none of the other coaches cared... And some of them smoked. You probably won't see a football coach smoking on the sidelines these days
Old 12-28-2015, 12:20 AM

Oh Coach would kill me if he knew I smoked. But there's nothing he can do now because our season is done and he never found out! He's not the most observant guy anyway.

Since I've been smoking I've only been caught with cigarettes once at school, on the second to last day before break, and that was because I was an idiot and left them an outside pocket of my backpack.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:23 AM
Super Moderator

Did they reprimand you for it?
Old 12-28-2015, 12:33 AM

Yeah, I got the standard 2 detentions, which I think is kind of bullshit since I wasn't smoking on campus, but it's not a big deal because it happens to pretty much everyone who smokes at some point. I only served one of them so I have the other one waiting for me on the first Monday back next week.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:36 AM
Super Moderator

Ah hell, that's not bad. I don't recall if there was a rule about possession back then, but smoking at school under 18 was an automatic 1 day suspension for the first offense, and 3 days after that.
Old 12-28-2015, 12:48 AM

Yeah, actually smoking at school would probably be suspension, which at my school means total isolation except for mealtimes in sort of a guest house they use for visitors. I actually don't know why they aren't tougher on possession of tobacco underage but I'm obviously glad they aren't! Of course if they were I just wouldn't ever bring my cigs to class with me haha.