Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Hard pack vs. Soft pack

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2013, 11:24 PM

vapist is on a distinguished road
Default Hard pack vs. Soft pack

I don't see soft packs around that often, and I guess for good reason because hard ones are more popular? I can see why as they offer more protection and aren't very malleable.

But the point of this thread I suppose is to see what you all prefer. I will be buying hard packs when the weather permits me to leave the house. Although I've always thought soft packs were cooler. Mainly because of the whole, hitting the bottom and a cigarette pops out thing. But other than that I don't see the need for a soft pack...
Old 08-12-2014, 11:53 AM

RTW65 will become famous soon enough
Default Soft Pack vs Box

Marlboro Soft Pack cigarettes are a tad longer and thus smoother I think.
But the Soft Pack also crushes a lot easier ( I don't like smashed cigarettes), so the logical choice would be the Hard Pack (Box)
Old 08-12-2014, 01:50 PM

gunther is on a distinguished road

In Germany you don't see soft packs but when I went to Florida last year I bought some and they are somehow a smoother smoke and the three weeks I was in the Us that is what I smoked.
Old 08-12-2014, 02:30 PM

Default Soft Pack

To my knowledge the only cigarettes that come in soft pack now are the non-filtered cigarettes and Marlboro Red Filters. If anybody knows of any other brands that come in soft pack, I would like to know.
Old 08-12-2014, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Winston, Camel Filters, and Pyramid Filters come in soft packs ... but I don't know how widely available the soft packs are.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:39 AM

MaximRecoil is an unknown quantity at this point

I hate hard packs, and unfortunately it seems that soft packs are nearly extinct these days.

A soft pack sits far more comfortably in a T-shirt pocket, and as the number of cigarettes in it decrease throughout the day, it gets even more comfortable, because the pack flattens out. A hard pack on the other hand, has all those pointy corners jabbing into you and bulging out your pocket, regardless of whether the pack is full or there is only one cigarette left.

You can get a cigarette out of a soft pack one-handed with ease; just tip it to the side and one comes out, or flick the pack upward and squeeze.

On top of that, the cigarettes in a soft pack are slightly longer, thus have more nicotine. Also, in the case of the old Camel Filters at least, the blend was different for a soft pack, at least that's what the RJR representative told me back in the 1990s when I called them and asked why they tasted different (the soft pack blend being the original Camel Filters blend, because they didn't start coming in hard packs until the mid '80s if I remember right). Back when the real Camel Filters were still available (they haven't been since 2008), if a store only had them in hard packs, I bought something completely different like Winston, because Camel Filters in a hard pack tasted bad.
Old 08-13-2014, 07:40 AM

Default Thanks Mask

Didn't realize those came in soft pack too. Thanks for the info. Are the soft packs all full flavor?
Old 08-13-2014, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by RTW65 View Post
Didn't realize those came in soft pack too. Thanks for the info. Are the soft packs all full flavor?
Yes ..........
Old 08-14-2014, 10:09 AM

ryansmks is on a distinguished road

Not only full flavors come in soft packs, I go through to packs of Marlboro Lights (golds) soft packs a day myself.
Old 08-14-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by ryansmks View Post
Not only full flavors come in soft packs, I go through to packs of Marlboro Lights (golds) soft packs a day myself.
Here in Kentucky the only Marlboro in the soft pack that I have seen lately are the Reds. Thanks ryansmks for the update.