Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Cigarette Packet Covers/Cases

Cigarette Packet Covers/Cases

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 03:46 AM
Entry Member

Paul in China is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cigarette Packet Covers/Cases

Hi guys,

I need feedback as to whether businesses would be interested in importing 'Cigarette Packet Covers' to the UK and USA. As I'm sure you are well aware the legislation to do with removing all branding off cigarette packets is expected to be announced in the UK as soon as next month (guardian.co.uk/society/2013/mar/05/government-legislate-plain-cigarette-packaging).

As for a bit of background, I am a British expat based in Guangdong China. I work for an export company but being on the ground here we often see opportunities. I feel it is a genuine opportunity for someone looking to find a new business angle or simply cares enough to not want everyone to have to look at hideous packaging once they have purchased cigarettes.

The item is a Cigarette Packet Cover/Case in food grade silicone or aluminium. They sit over the usual packet and are fully customisable (colour/design/logo).

We already export these to Australia where there has been a massive uptake since the legislation to ban branding on the cigarette packet covers went through.

Therefore now is a good opportunity to act on this product, it isn't already being done and we have experience exporting this but I need somebody in the UK who wants to actively market and promote these products.

I have good contacts with the factories making these cases here in China. They are great value and relatively low MOQ (minimum order quantity) and therefore low risk but with high markup potential. Please get in touch for more information if you are interested in importing these.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 PM

otuser can only hope to improve

My company Original Thought Inc has been making this product since 1985 and it is available here in North America and abroad at www.thesleeve.com. so you are quite mistaken about being the only one making this product, I've probably been making this product since before you were born, if you are planning on bootlegging another companies product you better do a little more research.
The Sleeve is made and always will been made right here in North America, we do not use cheap labor (quite often children in china) to manufacture our product. We are a manufacturer that can offer the lowest prices with no cost of shipping from overseas and we do not charge shipping and handling to our customers. We have 28 years of study into this product which makes us the worlds leading experts in cigarette packaging and its effects. We are the real deal, not some knock off from China looking to make a quick buck. If you would like to market our product that is already manufactured right here in North America, we would be more than happy to discuss options. Other than that, stick to china we prefer to keep our own people working and the money in this country.
S.R. Ahearn
CEO Original Thought Inc.
Old 04-26-2013, 01:21 PM

My company Original Thought Inc has been making this product since 1985 and it is available here in North America and abroad at www.thesleeve.com. so you are quite mistaken about being the only one making this product, I've probably been making this product since before you were born, if you are planning on bootlegging another companies product you better do a little more research.
The Sleeve is made and always will been made right here in North America, we do not use cheap labor (quite often children in china) to manufacture our product. We are a manufacturer that can offer the lowest prices with no cost of shipping from overseas and we do not charge shipping and handling to our customers. We have 28 years of study into this product which makes us the worlds leading experts in cigarette packaging and its effects. We are the real deal, not some knock off from China looking to make a quick buck. If you would like to market our product that is already manufactured right here in North America, we would be more than happy to discuss options. Other than that, stick to china we prefer to keep our own people working and the money in this country.
S.R. Ahearn
Old 04-26-2013, 02:09 PM

ronsen will become famous soon enoughronsen will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by otuser View Post
S.R. Ahearn
There are many products available simular as yours here in the USA.
BTW, your website is a joke.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:50 PM

Not like ours. and again, if you doubt, test it yourself. I have offered free sets to the first 10 to agree to do the test. The website is just a template, it does the job for now.

The cigarette companies have blocked us from market for more than 10 years
That is no joke. We are fighting for you and your children and you ridicule us before even testing the product.

The website is rudimentary but it gets you the product. It might be better if not for the cigarette companies completely bankrupting us. I am working from my house and garage to get this to market anyway I can, what are you doing to help others?

Do you think that a company as big as Phillip Morris would bother with me if what I am saying isn't true?

Again, any 10, members of this site are invited to test what I am saying FREE. Maybe you should look at saying something positive like, I hear what your saying and I am skeptical, I will take you up on your offer to test your product free as it is an honest and up front thing you are offering. Then I will issue an opinion.

It's odd how people are so quick to criticize those who are really trying to make a difference.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:57 PM

Paul, my name is Sean I own the company Original Thought Inc.
Another member on this site made me aware that I had no right to jump down your throat without first giving you the benefit of the doubt.

I would like to take this opportunity to say that I am sorry. I have been making the Sleeve since 1985 and sometimes get agitated when overseas manufacturers try to move in. I do not own the world and you have every right to do business where ever you like. You are making a product that covers cigarette ads and that is all good with me, there is more than enough smokers for 100 of us and we still wouldn't make a dent in all the people that need this product so all the power to you and good luck.

A heads up. The cigarette companies are brutal in their efforts to block this type of product from market so when you run into that brick wall at the distributor level don't bother scratching your head, it's them. It's next to impossible to get a product that covers cigarette advertising into any distributor that sells cigarettes. I got it from the top.

Anyway, I appologize and welcome.
Old 05-10-2013, 10:07 AM

mdsujaan is an unknown quantity at this point

I am agreed with outsar.