Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » How addicted are you? quiz

How addicted are you? quiz

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2009, 02:19 PM

PiccoloNamek is on a distinguished road

Just because one has a preference for a particular taste of tobacco, doesn't mean that nicotine isn't addictive. The effects of nicotine on the brain's reward centers and dopamine levels is well documented, and the presence of withdrawal symptoms (often severe) is a classic indicator of a physically addictive substance.

That being said, no amount of nicotine will make a bad cigarette taste good, and I'd rather quit than have to smoke something that smelled and tasted bad. I will also agree with you about people who drink and do hard drugs. Nobody knows when somebody is 'on' nicotine, but everybody knows when someone is drunk or high on narcotics.

And speaking of candy, I read a study online that concluded that large amounts of sugar can be nearly as addictive as heroin! The taste of sweetness alone activates the brain's pleasure receptions, and the sugar itself has a number of effects on the body.

Last edited by PiccoloNamek; 01-29-2009 at 02:21 PM.
Old 01-29-2009, 06:28 PM

seesolo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by CamelMan324 View Post
Hey guys, I just found this quiz online that I thought was pretty cool. It tells you exactly how much you are actually addicted to cigarettes. Here's the quiz right here if you're interested in knowing.

Here's how the quiz works out, it has a list of like different "times" that people smoke cigarettes during the day, here are the times that are on the quiz.

Morning Cigarettes

Do you smoke a cigarette when you first wake up?

Do you smoke a cigarette with coffee?

Do you smoke a cigarette after breakfast?

Home and Office Cigs

Do you smoke in between tasks?

Do you smoke when you are about to start on a new project?

Do you smoke after lunch?

Do you smoke after a long meeting?

Do you smoke when you are out with your smoking buddies?

Out on the Town Cigs

Do you smoke when driving in your car?

Do you smoke after eating a meal?

Do you smoke when drinking alcohol?

Do you smoke at parties or at social gatherings?

Do you smoke when watching or playing sports?

Evening at Home cigs

Do you smoke right after you get home from work/school/etc?

Do you smoke after dinner?

Do you smoke while relaxing? (Like watching TV, reading a book, watching a movie, etc.)

Do you smoke while talking on the phone?

Do you smoke just before you go to bed?

Emotion Cigarettes

Do you smoke when you need a "pick me up"?

Do you smoke after an arguement or confrontation with somebody?

Do you smoke to relax or unwind?

Do you smoke when you're bored, or just to kill time?

Do you smoke when you're angry?

Do you smoke when you're depressed or feeling blue?

Do you smoke to celebrate a win or to congratulate yourself when you accomplished something?

Do you smoke during a stressful event/period?

So that's the quiz right there. If you answered yes, to all of those questions, then you are 100% addicted cigarettes. Here's the score sheet

If you answered yes to zero of those, then you are obviously not a smoker, lol

If you answered yes to 1-2 of those questions, you're 7% addicted to cigarettes

If you answered yes to 3-4 of those questions, you are 15% addicted to cigarettes

If you answered yes to 5-6 of those questions, you are 23% addicted to cigarettes

If you answered yes to 7-8 of those questions, you are 30% addicted to cigarettes.

If you answered yes to 9-10 of those questions, you are 38% addicted

11-12, you are 46% addicted

13-14= 54% addicted

15-16= 62% addicted

17-18= 69% addicted

19-20= 77% addicted

21-22= 85% addicted

23-24= 92% addicted

25-26= 100% addicted to cigarettes.
another anti smoker i assume? those questions are errors of reasoning, they incur fallacy, i mean my good friend has been smoking for about a month and he answered yes to all of them, and of course all of the questions listed are the best times to smoke, who would say no?
Old 01-29-2009, 06:41 PM

seesolo is on a distinguished road

i swear 2nd hand smoking is one of the stupidest shit i've ever heard of, i mean i wish that shit is real, so that when i dont have a stog i can just stand next to a smoker and inhale, i mean, my uncle is 60 years old and he's been smoking heavily all these years and is all out healthy, and you have these other people who just smells your cigarettes and freak out thinking they have lung cancer and shit, common sense people.

Last edited by cooljay788; 01-29-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:47 PM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by seesolo View Post
another anti smoker i assume? those questions are errors of reasoning, they incur fallacy, i mean my good friend has been smoking for about a month and he answered yes to all of them, and of course all of the questions listed are the best times to smoke, who would say no?
Don't be an ass about it, I just said I found the quiz online and I even said in a later post that I believed that the source was untrustworthy, if u didn't like the questions then don't bother answering them.
Old 02-05-2009, 08:42 PM
Entry Member

PACKINGMARLBOROS is on a distinguished road

Damn quiz only gave me 77. I figured I'd be a 100 for sure. I smoke 2 plus ppd of marlboro reds and have been smoking for 36 years. Guess i'll have to ramp it up a little more!
Old 02-06-2009, 04:50 AM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cooljay788 View Post
Smoking is a habit or a hobby if you wanna call making your own cigs a hobby. But it's not an addiction.....let alone a bad addiction. The bad addictions are people addicted to drugs and alcohol.

If smoking was an addiction, then I'd be smoking every single cig brand on planet Earth, not just the brand(s) I like the most.

I always wondered (when I think of antismokers) how come 1000s of smokers smoke ONLY Marlboros, or some will smoke ONLY Camels (you get this pic) if smoking WAS an addiction?

A person who loves smoking Marlboros doesn't seem to have an interest in smoking other brands. But if something is gonna be called a bad addiction, then the fact there are 1000s of smokers out here who will smoke only one brand and that's it shows smoking ain't an addiction to begin with.

Kids are addicted to eating candy, but they eat all kinds of candy. Not just one candy brand. Eating all kinds of candy makes it an addiction for them. But you can't say the same on smokers smoking every single cig brand out there.
I disagree, smoking IS addictive, U do know what nicotine is right? That's why so many smokers can't STOP smoking. Just because a person has a particular taste in tobacco doesn't mean that the drug is not addictive.
Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 AM

Max420UK is on a distinguished road

I only came out 7% addicted which is probably a good thing, Iskip days quite a lot when I smoke its between 1-7 cigs really depends on what im doing like am I bored or am i drinking with other smokers. I don't really smoke for the addiction factor just for a buzz typucally I get through about 15 cigs a week but that includes the few I give to bums.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:03 PM

luckylucius is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cooljay788 View Post
Smoking is a habit or a hobby if you wanna call making your own cigs a hobby. But it's not an addiction.....let alone a bad addiction. The bad addictions are people addicted to drugs and alcohol.

If smoking was an addiction, then I'd be smoking every single cig brand on planet Earth, not just the brand(s) I like the most.

I always wondered (when I think of antismokers) how come 1000s of smokers smoke ONLY Marlboros, or some will smoke ONLY Camels (you get this pic) if smoking WAS an addiction?

A person who loves smoking Marlboros doesn't seem to have an interest in smoking other brands. But if something is gonna be called a bad addiction, then the fact there are 1000s of smokers out here who will smoke only one brand and that's it shows smoking ain't an addiction to begin with.

Kids are addicted to eating candy, but they eat all kinds of candy. Not just one candy brand. Eating all kinds of candy makes it an addiction for them. But you can't say the same on smokers smoking every single cig brand out there.
I fully agree with you. I got an addiction rate of 30%, although I actually don't think I'm "addicted". I don't NEED to smoke for LIVING, I don't get upset if I can't have a smoke, just take it easy. But I like to smoke, I enjoy it, so I try to do it whenever I want to.
Old 08-01-2009, 06:41 PM

Smokey1981 is on a distinguished road

well i guess im 100% addicted, because i do all that

i enjoy smoking. Although im trying to cut back..and have. I was smoking pack and a half a day.

ive cut that down to about 3/4's of a pack sometimes a pack a day
Old 04-17-2013, 12:09 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by CamelMan324 View Post
Hey guys, I just found this quiz online that I thought was pretty cool. It tells you exactly how much you are actually addicted to cigarettes. Here's the quiz right here if you're interested in knowing.

Here's how the quiz works out, it has a list of like different "times" that people smoke cigarettes during the day, here are the times that are on the quiz.

Morning Cigarettes

Do you smoke a cigarette when you first wake up?

Do you smoke a cigarette with coffee?

Do you smoke a cigarette after breakfast?

Home and Office Cigs

Do you smoke in between tasks?

Do you smoke when you are about to start on a new project?

Do you smoke after lunch?

Do you smoke after a long meeting?

Do you smoke when you are out with your smoking buddies?

Out on the Town Cigs

Do you smoke when driving in your car?

Do you smoke after eating a meal?

Do you smoke when drinking alcohol?

Do you smoke at parties or at social gatherings?

Do you smoke when watching or playing sports?

Evening at Home cigs

Do you smoke right after you get home from work/school/etc?

Do you smoke after dinner?

Do you smoke while relaxing? (Like watching TV, reading a book, watching a movie, etc.)

Do you smoke while talking on the phone?

Do you smoke just before you go to bed?

Emotion Cigarettes

Do you smoke when you need a "pick me up"?

Do you smoke after an arguement or confrontation with somebody?

Do you smoke to relax or unwind?

Do you smoke when you're bored, or just to kill time?

Do you smoke when you're angry?

Do you smoke when you're depressed or feeling blue?

Do you smoke to celebrate a win or to congratulate yourself when you accomplished something?

Do you smoke during a stressful event/period?

So that's the quiz right there. If you answered yes, to all of those questions, then you are 100% addicted cigarettes. Here's the score sheet

If you answered yes to zero of those, then you are obviously not a smoker, lol

If you answered yes to 1-2 of those questions, you're 7% addicted to cigarettes

If you answered yes to 3-4 of those questions, you are 15% addicted to cigarettes

If you answered yes to 5-6 of those questions, you are 23% addicted to cigarettes

If you answered yes to 7-8 of those questions, you are 30% addicted to cigarettes.

If you answered yes to 9-10 of those questions, you are 38% addicted

11-12, you are 46% addicted

13-14= 54% addicted

15-16= 62% addicted

17-18= 69% addicted

19-20= 77% addicted

21-22= 85% addicted

23-24= 92% addicted

25-26= 100% addicted to cigarettes.
Leaving aside exactly what is meant by "addiction" (it seems the definition has changed over the last twenty years; back in the day, smoking was called a "habit"): my answers got me barely at 85% "addicted." I guess that's a B . . . now what would I have to do to get an A?