Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community

Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community (https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/)
-   General Smokers Discussion (https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/general-smokers-discussion/)
-   -   How many cigarettes do you smoke per day? (https://www.cigreviews.com/forums/general-smokers-discussion/2095-how-many-cigarettes-do-you-smoke-per-day.html)

marlborofan 10-11-2012 02:04 PM

How many cigarettes do you smoke per day?

Just out of curiosity.

I'm a heavy smoker most days, smoking 60 cigarettes (three packs) but some days I smoke about four packs, so I vary from heavy to chain smoking.

IHCman 10-11-2012 03:17 PM

I'm a moderate smoker. I smoke a little over a pack a day, sometimes two packs a day.

masklofumanto 10-11-2012 06:49 PM

Usually about 15 or 16 cigarettes per day, some days a few less or a few more. Update: I'm back up to a pack per day. Now that I found some DP pipe tobacco brands that I really like, I'm enjoying smoking more than ever, and that probably explains why my consumption has increased lately.

VogueSmoker 10-12-2012 11:40 AM

Depends

Sometimes, I can smoke twenty to twenty-five a day depending who am with and what am doing, but these cigarettes are chain-smoked one after another. Other days, I can have only one cigarette or two to last me the day. Really depends what am doing at the time, or who am with :)

10-24-2012 06:39 AM

I smoke a half a pack per day.

marlborofan 10-24-2012 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Smoker (Post 10380)
I smoke a half a pack per day.

Lucky you, my wife does that - wish I could.

10-24-2012 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlborofan (Post 10381)
Lucky you, my wife does that - wish I could.

marlborofan, how did you become a heavy/chain smoker?

marlborofan 10-24-2012 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russian Smoker (Post 10389)
marlborofan, how did you become a heavy/chain smoker?

Addiction, simple as that.

Even though my lungs are in a bad way and my throat is closely following I still need my cigarette every 15 minutes.

I am currently trying to cut down. I know I couldn't quit but if I manage to get down to 2 an hour instead of 4 that would be something.

masklofumanto 10-24-2012 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marlborofan (Post 10390)
Addiction, simple as that.

Even though my lungs are in a bad way and my throat is closely following I still need my cigarette every 15 minutes.

I am currently trying to cut down. I know I couldn't quit but if I manage to get down to 2 an hour instead of 4 that would be something.

I think finding an activity, preferably one that would keep your hands occupied, that would distract your mind from the desire to smoke every fifteen minutes might be helpful. When I was in the U.K., I noticed that flowers were still in bloom in late November (that was in southern England) . . . perhaps you might try gardening? Cooking might be another possibility. I'm sure there must be something that would provide the desired distraction.

marlborofan 10-24-2012 11:06 AM

I've tried that having the same thought that it would work, but it doesn't.

Don't get me wrong I cook a lot and keep my garden nice but whilst doing both I still need to light up every 15 minutes.

I decided to see how long I could comfortably go without a cigarette a few hours ago so I smoked a Marlboro Red, recorded the time and went over to my mother in law's (she lives just down the road) for a visit and a chat and after 15 minutes I got the usual "cigarette please" signal. After 30 minutes that went up to "gimme a cigarette!", then in an hour it was "I WANT A GOD DAMN CIGARETTE".

I managed to hold on until an hour and a half by which time I was practically foaming at the mouth and had a cigarette.

I think with practice I could ween myself down to a cig every half hour.