Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » What do you do when you run out of smokes...

What do you do when you run out of smokes...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road
Default What do you do when you run out of smokes...

...in the middle of your day at work, or maybe if it's late at night, and going out to buy a new pack ain't an option for you?

I neva been in that situation before. I always wait til I'm down to 4-5 packs before I buy any packs at all...although I actually buy by the carton.
Old 01-09-2009, 01:07 AM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cooljay788 View Post
...in the middle of your day at work, or maybe if it's late at night, and going out to buy a new pack ain't an option for you?

I neva been in that situation before. I always wait til I'm down to 4-5 packs before I buy any packs at all...although I actually buy by the carton.
I'm never in a situation where I don't have smokes, I always carry 2 packs with me, one that I'm smoking, and a fresh pack for when I'm done smoking the other pack.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:14 AM

Eddie H is on a distinguished road
If you never been without cigs, I commend your management style. I been smoking for a few decades and it happens to me at the very worst times. Imagine running out of cigs and money and then having a nic fit. It ain't fun.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road

When I go out, I usually have two packs on me...the one that's currently open and one that's unopened of course.

There were a few times where I eitha lost my lighta or the lighta died on me. Not having a workable lighta on me is just about as bad as having no cigs and no money while out in the streets. I can have even 3 packs on me. But those cigs can't be smoked if my darn lighta stops working on me!
Old 01-14-2009, 02:25 AM

Eddie H is on a distinguished road
When I go out, I'll look and see if I got at least 5 cigs left in my pack. If I don't, I grab a new pack and leave the open pack at home. I usually leave an open pack with a few cigs inside in both my trucks and my car and sometimes, even on my motorcycle! So, I usually have some smokes somewhere. But, like I said, sometimes it happens that I run out of smokes and money at the same time and that sucks. I always have a back-up lighter.
Old 01-14-2009, 01:35 PM

jlong is on a distinguished road

I keep a few 3/4 ounce sacks of cheap, raspy tasting rolling tabacco stashed at work and home in case of this kind of emergency. I keep the raspy stuff stashed so I don't smoke it in a non-emergency event.
Old 01-15-2009, 09:11 PM

PiccoloNamek is on a distinguished road

I don't ever suffer from nicotine withdrawal symptoms, so if I happen to run out of cigarettes, I'll just wait and buy them at the first available opportunity, whenever that may be.
Old 04-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by Eddie H View Post
When I go out, I'll look and see if I got at least 5 cigs left in my pack. If I don't, I grab a new pack and leave the open pack at home.
I do the same thing.

Originally Posted by Eddie H View Post
I always have a back-up lighter.
I should do that, but at least I keep a book of matches in the car.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:00 AM

Matt2020 will become famous soon enough

I used to actually purposely bring a pack with only two or three to work with me. I did it to cut down how much I smoke at work so as to be saving money. I deliver pizzas so after ive delivered peoples food i would have a smoke on the way back to the store. On almost every delivery. So I would smoke over half my pack if i bought a new one by the time im out of work. I started spending too much on that shit so thats why I only brought two or three. Just had to deal with no cigs after making the delivery. All it did was just make the smoke after work that much better lol. I do ryo now so the cost isnt really a bother anymore and am in the habit of now making sure I have two packs rolled the night before work
Old 06-26-2014, 10:15 AM

filter man has a spectacular aura aboutfilter man has a spectacular aura about

Buy some more.I never just "run out" in situations where I can't replenish.Forgetting/misplacing my cigarettes is another matter.