Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What made you start?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Entry Member

nfonten is on a distinguished road

Well, I first started smoking something else... But I just really like the act of smoking, I don't really know why, but I love it. So, I decided I wanted something I could smoke in public, legally.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:16 PM

robi9863 is on a distinguished road
Default Casey

This may sound weird, but I was an anti-smoking zealot as a kid. I was the one that put my dad's cigarettes under the water faucet. But when I was about 13 I started having vivid dreams about smoking. I would wake up saying "wow" that was intense. This lead to a curiosity in smoking. I didn't smoke my first cigarette till I was 16. But after the first cigarette, I knew I hooked. Not physically, but psychologically. About a yr later, I had a job as a cook, where everyone would step out for smoke breaks but myself. I told myself, if you want a break, you need to step out with the others for a cigarette. I used this as an excuse to take up smoking on a regular basis. I was 17, I've been smoking ever since. I have tried to quit smoking several time since then, with no success. I smoke about 10-15 cigs a day. I don't have the motivation to quit. I still enjoy smoking, and might have the motivation to quit when I'm older.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:59 PM

Ty92 is on a distinguished road

I used to smoke a lot of pot. My fellow herb smokers know that you don't always have a pack of joints handy... Which sucks ass.

I have always that that smoking looks super classy and badass.

The combo of not having and bud and seeing classy men like Brad Pitt smoking made me want to give it a try.

I'm very happy that I stared
Old 09-21-2010, 04:28 PM
Super Moderator

parliamentsrock will become famous soon enoughparliamentsrock will become famous soon enough
Default I was at a party and everyone was smoking...

so I tried it and got pretty sick and of course that didn't stop me...been smoking ever since.
Old 03-21-2011, 09:13 PM

luginda is on a distinguished road
Cool

was working with friends who smoke and started by getiing a cigarette from them. enjoyed it and kept smoking
Old 04-04-2011, 04:19 AM
Banned

savana is on a distinguished road

The first time I started smoking is at my first job as, due to certain issues I cant stop my self to smoke and that is day and till now I smoke but, now it is pretty much in control.
Old 04-07-2011, 09:05 PM

motleydan1 is on a distinguished road

Peer pressure,my friends smoked so I started,made me really sick the first few times,Marlboro reds and original Winston.23 years later I wish I never smoked,I like to smoke but it is really hard on the body.With the anti smokers taking away all of our rights you feel like a criminal anymore.Dan
Old 04-20-2011, 05:41 AM
Banned

parksung17 is on a distinguished road

I was started in my friends groupcircle.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:02 PM

Wardner is on a distinguished road

Mom said I was smoke tolerant, even smoke friendly, as an infant. Some of my earliest memories have to do with smoke filled rooms and cars. Used to bug my father for hits off his pipe at four. Told me to get lost so I'd go to my mother and ask her when i could start. Her responses were "you're much too young" and later, simply as "You're too young". I felt a little better when it changed to "Maybe in a few years".

Meanwhile, I was taking uninhaled puffs from her unattended Chesterfields. Got my hand slapped a few times. In the first grade I was inhaling discarded butts found on Chicago streets or the nearby Lincoln Park Zoo. It wasn't long before I was stealing individual cigs from her packs. That escalated to stealing $0.25 from her change drawer and buying my own unfiltered packs; always selecting a different brand. I was caught at eight and interrogated by my mother. She concluded that "the horse was out of the barn" and allowed me to smoke with her as long as I did not tell my brothers. We set up a code where I would touch her anywhere and she would pass her cigarette to me. I would usually wait until it was nearly a butt and then I would finish it off with two or three desperate lip-burning drags. She was always transfixed by the spectacle and told many years later that it would sometimes excite her. She also liked to show me off to her girlfriends who thought it was hilarious. Some of them called me "The Fiend".

I was out of the closet in the fifth grade and smoking a pack plus per day on weekends. Father was long gone and brothers have never taken a puff. In my class of about 30, there was only one other known smoker.
Old 07-04-2011, 06:43 PM

kid is on a distinguished road

I was curious, and I started smoking bud so I thought: "I wonder what cigarettes taste like" and my friend gave me one of his. It was either a Marlboro Red or a Newport I'm not sure.