Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What made you start?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 06:30 PM

Adanai is on a distinguished road

I was 18. I was at work, and I was miffed about a showdown I had with my parents the night before, and I was feeling rebellious.

While taking stage equipment from some building to my boss's car, I saw a pack of cigarettes - camel turkish golds. Stole a couple, smoked one at lunch and another when I got off work. Found out quickly I didn't like Camels, but liked the buzz, but felt guilty about putting chemicals into my body, so I've been an avid Natural American Spirit and occasional Nat Sherman smoker ever since.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:32 AM

Wilted_Dahlia is on a distinguished road

Curiosity. Couldn't resist, mate.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:10 AM

luigi is on a distinguished road

I would have to say I started because my girlfriend at the time started smoking with her friends. It kind of turned me on, the dangerous side of her.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:39 PM

Max420UK is on a distinguished road

it was mainly curiosity for me too. i enjoyed the headrush and the act of smoking and hav smoked since on and off really. I never really thought smokin mde me look cool but i am fasinated by smoke and love watching it curl
Old 10-09-2009, 01:39 PM

thor91 is on a distinguished road

It was my tenth birthday. I was hanging with friends outside and my 13 y.o. friend gave me a hug and handed me a pack of Marlboro Red 100s box. I was pretty excited because about a week before I was talking to her about how I've never had a cigarette and always wanted to try one. So I opened the pack, lit one with the matches she gave me, and have been in love since. I now wish I wouldn't of started so early, but hey, shouldn't regret what we can't change.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:08 AM

NicotineFiend is on a distinguished road

The fact that cigarettes exist is a good enough reason to smoke.

Who the hell cares why we started?

Just thank the dear lord for tobacco.
Old 01-25-2010, 02:39 AM

tribaltatts is on a distinguished road

I was about 10. Teachers kept prattling on about how bad smoking was but me and my friends knew it was cool. We would steal the odd cigarette from our parents or ask guys in the street for a cigarette and most would give us one.

When I was 18 I took to smoking seriously. I tried different kinds of cigarettes, roll your own and cigars. I inhaled as hard as I could to get the best possible 'hit'.

Fifty years later I still smoke and love every cigarette. Sure, I am a drug addict but I really love the taste, the nicotine hit and the feeling of smoke through my nostrils. It's still great.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:25 AM

digapwny is on a distinguished road

I started simply because I wanted to. I think smoking is sophisitcated and enjoyable.

Many important people in my life have been smoking longer than I've been alive and it doesn't seem to affect them at all. Since I am a man who goes by his OWN experience with things, not by what the media tells him, I have decided to start smoking because I believe I will be fine in the long run.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:57 PM
Entry Member

USAGoldSmoker is on a distinguished road

I started mostly from peer pressure, I grew up in a small town and most of the kids around me were 3-5 years older. So I started very young. At that time, I could buy my school lunch and a pack of cigs and still have .07 left out of my $1.25 lunch money. Yea, I know, I'm old. lol.
Old 07-06-2010, 05:40 PM

Jacki will become famous soon enough

My mother was a 3-pack a day smoker, I think the only time she didn't have a cigarette going was when she was sleeping. So growing up, it seemed to be perfectly normal adult behavior. I was 12, my sister was 14. She asked Mom if she could try one, and Mom had no problem with it. And I wasn't about to be outdone! The rest is history.