Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What made you start?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2015, 04:18 AM

marlborojur is on a distinguished road

For two years I was an occasional smoker, accepting cigarettes on nights out with friends who smoked. Even though I liked smoking, I wasn't too sure about being a regular smoker for the rest of my life, which I knew was going to happen if I bough my own cigarettes and started smoking daily. In February of this year I caved in and bought myself a pack of Marlboro Reds, the rest is history as I am a fully addicted smoker now.
Old 09-12-2015, 05:44 AM

CigaretKretek.com is an unknown quantity at this point

I start smoking when 14.
I'm a Javanese. Smoking are our culture. So I don't have any good reason "why" to tell haha....
Smoking for a young men in our culture are okay. Some of them start smoking from 10. But, its different nowadays. Alot of changing, but our culture still hold tight.
No mater age, a men smoking just fine. But, woman smoking here a taboo. Woman usualy use chewing tobacco. We call it "susur".
Old 09-13-2015, 02:01 PM

Marbs4ever will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by CigaretKretek.com View Post
I start smoking when 14.
I'm a Javanese. Smoking are our culture. So I don't have any good reason "why" to tell haha....
Smoking for a young men in our culture are okay. Some of them start smoking from 10. But, its different nowadays. Alot of changing, but our culture still hold tight.
No mater age, a men smoking just fine. But, woman smoking here a taboo. Woman usualy use chewing tobacco. We call it "susur".
All cultures shoud be that way.
Old 09-13-2015, 11:38 PM

CigaretKretek.com is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marbs4ever View Post
All cultures shoud be that way.
I thought western people okay about woman smoking? Isn't it sir?
Old 09-23-2015, 08:37 PM

Luke Greeves is on a distinguished road
Default puberty

My father had a talk with me about the evils of smoking when I 15. To my puberty influenced mind the fact that he warned me not to start smoking was the best reason to start smoking and that is exactly what I did.
Now 4 years later I am a pack a day guy and and love it. Addiction pulled me in but the pleasure of being a smoker is what really counts.
Old 09-23-2015, 11:18 PM

Marbs4ever will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Luke Greeves View Post
My father had a talk with me about the evils of smoking when I 15. To my puberty influenced mind the fact that he warned me not to start smoking was the best reason to start smoking and that is exactly what I did.
Now 4 years later I am a pack a day guy and and love it. Addiction pulled me in but the pleasure of being a smoker is what really counts.
Yeah the anti-smoking lecture in school in 5th grade got me curious. Figured they must think we're old enough to try it if they're telling us not to. Having 2 parents who both smoked a pack a day, apparently unconcerned about all the shit they told us in school, only added to my curiosity. The final push came in 6th grade when I found out several of my classmates had recently started.

So, the summer after 6th grade I tried my first. Marlboro Reds of course. That's what all the cool kids smoked. I liked it right away and knew I'd keep at it. So, I never really worried much about addiction. Eventually I realized that being addicted only made me enjoy the pleasure of smoking even more.
Old 09-26-2015, 05:36 AM

SnowHusky is an unknown quantity at this point

Well my dad and older brothers were smokers and they seemed to enjoy it a lot so I was always really curious. One day, when I was 12, my brother, who was then 24 was visiting. We were watching TV and my brother lit up. I asked him for a cigarette, he nonchalantly complied and the rest is history.
Old 09-29-2015, 09:03 AM

JasonS is on a distinguished road

My dad is a smoker, two packs of Reds a day, and always is saying he wished he didn't smoke. To me that didn't make any sence, if you don't like smoking why smoke all day long. When I said so to my dad he told me because he needed to smoke to feel normal, once you start your body needs you to smoke.
I was always pretty curious and wanted to find out for myself what he meant.
I lit up for the first time when I was 16 and still am smoking to this day.
I only found out what my father meant about needing to smoke to feel normal when I went to Europe on a school trip in my junior year. I had only been smoking for about a year but the three weeks of hardly being able to smoke were hell on earth.
Old 10-01-2015, 07:50 AM

per is on a distinguished road

I can't really say why I started but one day I just felt like trying, the rest is history.
Old 10-04-2015, 09:07 AM

gbartholomew is on a distinguished road

I have two friends who started smoking in 10th grade and by the time I was in 12th grade they were fully addicted regular smokers. They clearly loved their new habit and I started to accept a cigarette once in a while when the three of us would hang out. I smoked socially until I went to college this fall. My roommate is a smoker and was relieved that I was not an anti. We hooked up with other smokers and it wasn't long before I started smoking daily and carried my own pack, lighting up even when none of the others were around.
It didn't take long before I realized I now needed to smoke regularly so had become a real smoker.