Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

What made you start?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2015, 10:30 AM

Jason Bancroft is on a distinguished road

It was the 80's most adults smoked and many kids started smoking young so at 13 I thought it was time I started smoking as well. From the beginning I loved being a smoker, maybe not the smoking part itself but certainly the image of a smoker.
I got caught at 14 which at the time was no big deal. So you have started smoking Jason was all that was said, now I was a smoker like the rest of the family.

Last edited by Jason Bancroft; 07-18-2015 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-21-2015, 06:24 PM

NorCalBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

Since I was 7, I knew I wanted to be a smoker. That's when my dad started giving me puffs, a habit that would continue almost everyday for the next few years. When I was 12, I was allowed to smoke one cigar with the men of the family after my mom's funeral.

It wasn't until a few weeks later that I became a regular smoker (lol, doesn't it seem like everybody started at 12 or 14). I was hanging out with my then 15-year-old paternal uncle and some of his friends. There were four of us, all sprawled out in front of the TV. My uncle pulled out a pack of Parliaments and the older boys started lighting up. As they took there first drags, my uncle tossed me a cig and said "Light up, my niggaa". I already knew the pleasures of smoking and didn't hesitate to take the opportunity

And I was hooked. Smoking made me feel like one of the homeboys. Once I told my dad and he gave his approval, I was able to start increasing my cigarette intake. Six years and countless pleasure sticks later, I'm a happy heavy smoker.

Last edited by NorCalBoy; 06-21-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 11:34 AM

smokerRyan is on a distinguished road

My grandfather is a smoker, Marlboro Reds, and I was allways facinated by it.
When I was 13 I went to stay with my grandparents for four weeks during the summer vacation and I started taking Reds from his packs and when I had collected about 5 I found a lighter and gave smoking a try. At first it was strange just puffing on the cigarettes, not bad but there had to be more to smoking.
I paid closer attention to my grandfather when he smoked and saw that he inhaled the smoke. Later I tried inhaling for myself and had to cough but man did it give me a buzz so I kept on doing it. Taking cigarettes was pretty easy as my grandfather always had open packs lying in his truck. After about a week after my first cigarette I already smoked at least 5 cigarettes a day and by now really started to like smoking. A cousin of mine, who was 16 at the time, also came to stay with my grandparents. The first thing I saw was the pack of Marlboro Lights in his pocked and was pretty surprised, here was a kid close to my age and he was a smoker. Bill happily smoked whenever he felt like it and nothing was said about it. So I asked him how long he already was a smoker, well I started at 13 but my parents only found out a couple of months ago, they were disappointed but let me smoke at home. Do you smoke was his question which I replied to affirmative and said but nobody knows yet. Your secret is safe with me he said. The following weeks I had a smoking buddy and started to smoke more. I am sure my grandfather suspected I was smoking but he didn't say anything. By the time I went back home I already smoked a pack every other day. Somehow I managed to get cigarettes when I went home, luckily there were quite a few stores who sold cigarettes to underaged kids.
I was caught just after my 16th birthday and my parents were pretty upset and told me I had to stop, which I never did. By the time I graduated highschool I smoked about a pack a day and although my parents didn't like it they let me smoke at home but only outside. My grandfather still smokes and thinks it is great that two of his grandsons also smoke.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:11 AM

HellaSmoke is an unknown quantity at this point

I constantly heard the anti-smoking message at school and wondered why my father smoked if it was so bad. So, one afternoon, in fifth grade, I had a friend over and we swiped two Pall Mall from a half-full pack and both eventually went on to become regular smokers.

Last edited by HellaSmoke; 06-27-2015 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 12:43 PM

Marbs4ever will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HellaSmoke View Post
I constantly heard the anti-smoking message at school and wondered why he smoked if it was so bad. So, one afternoon, in fifth grade, I had a friend over and we swiped two Pall Mall from a half-full pack and both eventually went on to become regular smokers.
Yeah I think the anti smoking lectures in school probably encourage more people to try it than not to. I remember having it in 5th grade too and having to sign a pledge not to smoke. Was pretty sure at the time that it was a pledge I'd be breaking sooner or later.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:58 PM

cigsmoker92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Marbs4ever View Post
Yeah I think the anti smoking lectures in school probably encourage more people to try it than not to. I remember having it in 5th grade too and having to sign a pledge not to smoke. Was pretty sure at the time that it was a pledge I'd be breaking sooner or later.
Oh my gosh, that was me as well! Stupid DARE program in 5th grade, signed the pledge vowing never to smoke or do drugs. When I was in the DARE program, I was already actually smoking almost a pack a day! A few of my friends were as well.
Old 06-27-2015, 09:10 PM

HellaSmoke is an unknown quantity at this point

It's true, kids are curious. They know there must be some reason people smoke if it's so bad.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:31 PM

Marbs4ever will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by HellaSmoke View Post
It's true, kids are curious. They know there must be some reason people smoke if it's so bad.
Sounds like we all drew the same conclusions from the anti-smoking lessons at school.
Old 07-19-2015, 09:22 AM

Rhys is on a distinguished road

I started dipping at 14 and when I was 17 at a dentists check-up my dentist showed me the damage to my gums caused by it. At first it didn't bother me, hell my grandfather already dipped 50 + years and it didn't bother him.
But the sight didn't leave my mind so I looked for some other way of getting my nicotine fix. With two smoking parents I didn't have to look far, bought a pack at a gas station and started my new habit. Loved it immediately as two days later I bought my second pack, do still buy a can once in a while and I can tell you smoking with a packed lip is out of this world.
Old 07-23-2015, 10:13 AM

lamberts uk is an unknown quantity at this point

Good question!

I was always a very strong anti-smoker as a kid,hated that mum smoked and gave her a hard time for it.Always an alie of my dad and his hate of smoking.

After seeing a few lads from school start smoking,I got curious and decided to give it a try one night after tea.Quite easy when mum leaves an open packet in the kitchen.I enjoyed it from the start and it was my little guilty secret that continued.