Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Guy smoking 120mm cigarettes?

Guy smoking 120mm cigarettes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2017, 06:54 PM

greensmoke is on a distinguished road

It's pretty uncommon and strange. At least strange to me. But I've had a few when it's all I could get. So maybe as a last resort? I'm a guy, wonder what a girl would answer. I think 100's are the perfect medium. I just like the way they smoke and fit my hands.
Old 10-05-2017, 04:53 AM

bobby_menthol is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by !Eureka View Post
Hi!

Was just wondering how weird is it if a male smoker smokes these. I am fascinated by More 120s, they look so good and I just want to try them. They don't seem all feminine to me, but I'm concerned about smoking them in public

What are your thoughts? Can a guy smoke 120s without losing his "manliness" ?
why would you lose your manliness for smoking 120s?
Old 10-05-2017, 05:03 AM

StatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the roughStatisticsJason is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by bobby_menthol View Post
why would you lose your manliness for smoking 120s?
Because they are marketed towards women, look stylish, elegant, and feminine. I rarely see anyone smoke 120s these days which is kind of sad as I think they look great for women. On Instagram I see young, attractive Romanian women smoking them and seeing that makes me wish I was Romanian.
Old 10-05-2017, 07:00 AM

IronicChef is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by StatisticsJason View Post
Because they are marketed towards women, look stylish, elegant, and feminine. I rarely see anyone smoke 120s these days which is kind of sad as I think they look great for women. On Instagram I see young, attractive Romanian women smoking them and seeing that makes me wish I was Romanian.
I've smoked 120mm cigarettes on occasion - they're actually quite different in way they draw and smoke. Originally there were More Ads with men in them, and Saratoga, and Max even. I think when Virginia slims began targeting the woman sector, other 120 brands became pretty exclusively aimed to women. If anything, they're awkward to smoke while you're doing anything else, but they last longer and are a bit smoother.

Speaking of Romanian women; I met one on a dating site and went out with her just this last weekend; she's a PhD and works for a tech company - incredibly smart and pretty, and she smokes... lovely . Got bless Romania!
Old 12-03-2017, 05:46 AM

Andy1087 is an unknown quantity at this point

Over the years I have smoked various styles of Virginia Slims (Ultra lights & Lights 100's). As time went on I began to smoke VS 120's and Misty 120's. I like seeing a lady smoking a 120 and also like how a 120 feels in my hand. Even though my smoking was not influenced by mom and dad, I think that my mom smoked VS FF did make me want to smoke them.

Andrew
Old 12-08-2017, 12:00 AM

Beth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura aboutBeth74 has a spectacular aura about

Hi!

Was just wondering how weird is it if a male smoker smokes these. I am fascinated by More 120s, they look so good and I just want to try them. They don't seem all feminine to me, but I'm concerned about smoking them in public

Nobody, male or female, should smoke More 120s. Thereís a reason why they are brown - they taste like something else that is brown.

When my husband started smoking again he just picked up my Benson & Hedges. Itís not that common to see a guy smoking an all white 100, but after a minute or 2 itís burned down and nobody can even tell itís a 100. Itís a little different with a slim cigarette, which most 120s are these days (I donít think you can buy Carlton 120s anymore). If youíre a construction worker and you pull out an Eve 120 with a floral band on the filter you might get some teasing from your coworkers. If itís a Virginia Slim just tell anybody that gives you trouble that youíve come a long way, baby!
Old 12-08-2017, 01:03 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Given that most guys generally carry their cigarettes in their pockets, 120's are not practical for guys.
Old 12-08-2017, 06:04 AM

IronicChef is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by masklofumanto View Post
Given that most guys generally carry their cigarettes in their pockets, 120's are not practical for guys.
I carry mine in my purse - they fit just fine. (Just kidding - itís a european style man-bag)
Old 02-07-2019, 08:20 PM

pslbas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Virginia Slims 120s gold box

I'm a guy who smokes Virginiaslims gold 120s. A pack just fits fine in my side pockets because it's a box style no problem
Old 02-07-2019, 10:06 PM

Bill is on a distinguished road

I have been smoking 120s for nearly 20 years now. I was shy about smoking them at work in the Air Force. Now and then I would get a pack or carton and enjoy them in my room in the barracks.

I started with 120s shortly before enlisting in the Army National Guard. When I deployed to Iraq in 2003, I had a friend send me Capri menthol 120s. They were easier to light in windy conditions. No one gave me any crap for smoking 120s.

Over the many years I have tried almost all of the menthol 120s. I wish the Eves were still the same. They changed for the worse. Back then they had a very nice menthol taste with kind of a salty tang. I couldn't get enough of that. It was like a potato chip....you can't eat/smoke just one!