Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » I live with the smoker in the house

I live with the smoker in the house

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2020, 02:42 PM
Entry Member

aeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeae is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I live with the smoker in the house

I recently moved to my wife's flat. I knew she is a smoker and I fully accept this. But when I live together with her I can't withstand this smell. Do you have any advice to get used to cigarette smoke?
Old 06-21-2020, 11:45 PM

AnotherJason is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by aeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeae View Post
I recently moved to my wife's flat. I knew she is a smoker and I fully accept this. But when I live together with her I can't withstand this smell. Do you have any advice to get used to cigarette smoke?

There's only one way you'll love the smell. You'd need to become a smoker.
Old 06-21-2020, 11:46 PM

theexpress9 is an unknown quantity at this point

Uh, well... I think there are really two options for getting used to cigarette smoke:

1. Start smoking.

2. Give it time and get used to it.

If you prefer a more "insane" path...

- Bottle up the air from inside the flat and waft it occasionally in your face while away from the flat.

- Borrow an article of clothing from your wife (assuming she smells like cigarette smoke) and sniff that occasionally.

- Take a full ashtray with you wherever you go. It will get old after a while and you'll find other things to bother you other than the smell of smoke.

- Get creepy out in public and stand really close to people who are smoking outside. Do it often.

- Don't use any product like Febreze, air fresheners, etc. Ever. You may find cigarette smoke more easy to handle than other odors you may encounter.

Hope this... uh... helps....
Old 06-21-2020, 11:49 PM

Vanessa1991 is on a distinguished road
Default My opinion

Hi,

if you really love her you will just fully accept und support her Smoking and you will never blame here but will always give her a good Feeling if she Lights up. You will not tell her that you have to get used to the smoke but you will react "normal" and supportive. You will just get used to the smoke and thats it. Nothing else.
How much does she smoke per day that you have Problems with the smell? Is she a heavy smoker and does she smoke in every room ?

Vanessa
Old 06-22-2020, 03:36 AM

Marlboroman39 will become famous soon enoughMarlboroman39 will become famous soon enough

All you can do is smoke too. If she smokers inside she will not be like being told she has to go outside to smoke. If you smile together it will be enjoyable and you wonít mind the smell at all. Iím sure she spilt love to have someone to have a cigarette with.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:12 AM

Vanessa1991 is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Hi,

most important Thing to me is that you never give her the Feeling or Impression that the smell bothers you.
Of Course best way is to start Smoking.....
Old 06-22-2020, 08:44 AM

saber11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Love her, love her habit. Itís a package deal. Some people suggest you start too, but you donít have to. After awhile you will get use to the aroma and it will become pleasing. When you smell smoke think of the good times and adventures you have with her. Associate positive thoughts. I donít know how ďopenĒ she is to playing with you, but give her a deep passionate kiss while she is exhaling, one that you enjoy immensely. Again train yourself to associate her habit with something you enjoy. The last thing you want to do is bust her balls about quitting or not smoking around you. That will kill the relationship. If she has to choose between you and a habit she enjoys and does for herself, she wonít choose you. Good luck

Last edited by saber11; 06-22-2020 at 11:16 AM.
Old 06-22-2020, 09:56 AM

Rory is on a distinguished road

You love your wife and have moved into her house. You knew she smoked and I hope you will not make the mistake to complain about the smell of smoke.

Give it some time and you wonít be bothered by the smell anymore.

Of course you can take the drastic route and start smoking yourself, that will certainly take care of the smell but only do that if you want to be a smoker.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:07 AM
Entry Member

аeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeae is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Vanessa1991 View Post
Hi,

if you really love her you will just fully accept und support her Smoking and you will never blame here but will always give her a good Feeling if she Lights up. You will not tell her that you have to get used to the smoke but you will react "normal" and supportive. You will just get used to the smoke and thats it. Nothing else.
How much does she smoke per day that you have Problems with the smell? Is she a heavy smoker and does she smoke in every room ?

Vanessa
She smokes about 1,5-2 ppd. She smokes in every room and has an ashtray even in the bathroom. I have never complained about her smoking and try being supportive.
Old 06-22-2020, 11:08 AM

Marlboroman39 will become famous soon enoughMarlboroman39 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by аeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeaeae View Post
She smokes about 1,5-2 ppd. She smokes in every room and has an ashtray even in the bathroom. I have never complained about her smoking and try being supportive.

Youíre a lucky man. I would love to have that at home