Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

first timer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2020, 04:36 PM
Entry Member

first_time_smoke is on a distinguished road
Default first timer

I'm 22 and thinking about starting smoking. i bought a pack of Marlboro silver 100s and a lighter. Any tips on how to enjoy a cigarette, inhale properly, light the cigarette. I need you guys to help me on my way.

I want to be a smoker but I'm not sure how to get started.
Old 06-17-2020, 07:48 PM

Dajohns11 will become famous soon enough

Welcome to this forum, you'll find plenty of folks to help you with this! My advice would be to start slowly - smoke two or three cigarettes a day, and you will find that the habit will soon form. To inhale remember that you first draw the smoke from the cigarette into your mouth (do not inhale directly into your lungs), and then take a deep breath. You want to breathe in without hesitating - if you hesitate then you'll probably cough.

At first, you will likely not like the taste and may feel nauseous and light-headed. But the symptoms will soon pass and as you get used to nicotine you will not experience them. You might want at first to take just a few puffs and then come back to the rest of the cigarette later.

You may feel grossed out and be tempted to throw the pack away, but try to resist this - if you do, you'll find that you'll start to enjoy smoking and before long will be a smoker like the rest of us here!

There's a lot of pleasure to be had from this habit - yes, there are downsides - but millions of us are willing to accept the risks because smoking is something that we really enjoy.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
Old 06-17-2020, 08:00 PM

George1 will become famous soon enoughGeorge1 will become famous soon enough
Default Thought

Smoking is very enjoyable once your body becomes the nicotine and the smoke. However, you should think long and hard to make sure this something that you really want to do. Cigarettes are very addictive and you should be aware that you are traveling down a one way street. If you are OK with being hooked, probably for life, then go ahead and enjoy. The good news is that once you get into it, you can look forward to many years of cigarette pleasure and enjoyment.
Old 06-18-2020, 06:52 AM

SmokingPaul is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Dajohns11 View Post
Welcome to this forum, you'll find plenty of folks to help you with this! My advice would be to start slowly - smoke two or three cigarettes a day, and you will find that the habit will soon form. To inhale remember that you first draw the smoke from the cigarette into your mouth (do not inhale directly into your lungs), and then take a deep breath. You want to breathe in without hesitating - if you hesitate then you'll probably cough.

At first, you will likely not like the taste and may feel nauseous and light-headed. But the symptoms will soon pass and as you get used to nicotine you will not experience them. You might want at first to take just a few puffs and then come back to the rest of the cigarette later.

You may feel grossed out and be tempted to throw the pack away, but try to resist this - if you do, you'll find that you'll start to enjoy smoking and before long will be a smoker like the rest of us here!

There's a lot of pleasure to be had from this habit - yes, there are downsides - but millions of us are willing to accept the risks because smoking is something that we really enjoy.

Good luck and let us know how you get on!
This! This is all the advice you need.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:12 AM

Brad35 is an unknown quantity at this point

Well first timer, have you started yet and if so what do you think about smoking and being a smoker now, just curious.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:23 PM

Fur Lady is on a distinguished road

I got the time of carrying cigarettes the first time twice.

The first time I carried or better hid them in my school bag. I just told it to my best friend Nicole who introduced me to cigarettes. The breaks we spent on thr school yard and Nicole and I went to a corner where nobody could see us. There we smoked.

The second time is more inportant to me. My parents just knew I start smoking. I returned from school and Mom asked we whether I would like to go to a Greek restaurant. I did. When we left home, mom aked me whether I carried my cigs with me. As response I put a hand on my bag.

When we were there and got the menu card, mom lit a cig and encouraged me to do the same. It was the first time I lit a cigarette when I was with a parent. I felt a little nervous, also because I wondered, what the waiter will say. All he said was: "I see, you start smoking." That's all. A little disappointing.

Last edited by Fur Lady; 06-22-2020 at 04:29 PM.