Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Carrying cigarettes for the first time

Carrying cigarettes for the first time

View Poll Results: How did you feel carrying cigarettes in public for the first time
Excited 21 67.74%
Indifferent 2 6.45%
Nervous 8 25.81%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2020, 09:37 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

This is more of a follow up question for all the adult men out there and how did you feel the first time you carried a pack in your shirt pocket?
Old 06-20-2020, 02:09 PM

EricSilstrom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by marlbororob89 View Post
This is more of a follow up question for all the adult men out there and how did you feel the first time you carried a pack in your shirt pocket?
It's a badge of honor and shows you are a smoker and you don't give a ....... what other people think about you and hardly anyone says a thing about it.

The only anti's that are bothered by it are just up the street in Washington DC and they are being paid to influence others to ban smoking, which is not going to happen.
Old 06-21-2020, 07:42 AM

Boaz is an unknown quantity at this point

While I was studying law at university I had an internship my second semester of my third year and it was the first time I had to wear a suit and tie to work. Of course my pack of Gauloises Blue sat in my shirt pocket. When I was adjusting my tie in the mirror before I left the house and saw how visible the pack was it made me feel good. After the introductions were over and I sat down at my desk and took my jacket off me colleague opposite me, said, oh I see you are a smoker, I will show you were you can smoke when we have our break.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:44 AM

River is an unknown quantity at this point

I was exited and also nervous the first time I took my cigarettes with me to school. My friends already knew I smoked so that did not worry me but I was nervous about what others, especially teachers would think of me. The only place where we could smoke was in the parking lot and as luck would have it as I was lighting up my home room teacher pulls into the space next to me. River you know those things will kill you, if you are smart you will quit.
I Was 17 at the time.
For a while I worked at a Sheetz and they objected to me carrying my pack in my pants pocket.
Old 06-22-2020, 10:09 AM

Rory is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by marlbororob89 View Post
The first time I wore a dress shirt with my Reds in my shirt pocket was at my high school graduation and it made me feel like a million bucks.
Old 06-22-2020, 04:16 PM

Fur Lady is on a distinguished road

I got the first time to carry cigs twice.

The first time was to school. I carried or better hid them in my school bag. I just met my best friend Nicole who introduced me to cigs the day before. And for me first cig at school we stand alone on the schoolyard in a corner where nobody could see us.

The second time was more important to me, and happened when I was an official smoker, i. e. my parents knew about me smoking (they just knew a few days). Once I came back to school my mom asked me whether I would like to go to a Greek Restaurant. I liked, so we did. When we left home mom asked me whether I had my cigarettes, and as the answer I pointed to my handbag. That moment meant to me, that mom completely accepted me smoking.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:43 AM

Shannonnigans will become famous soon enoughShannonnigans will become famous soon enough

Total rush. Even if I didn’t touch them, and when I first started, I often didn’t, as like Candi, I initially waited for my mom’s ok. But just looking in my purse and seeing the pack was a blast. Oh to be that easily thrilled again!
Old 06-23-2020, 12:36 PM

Hayden is an unknown quantity at this point

I was 17 when I brought them to school for the first time. Of course I could not smoke at school but just having them in my pocket was very exciting I felt so cool and badass.
Old 06-30-2020, 01:16 PM

Jim88 is an unknown quantity at this point

I started smoking over the weekend and on the following Monday had my pack of cigarettes with me for the first time. In my laptop bag, as I started smoking asa 27 year old I was pretty nervous, what would people say. After lunch I followed my buddy out who knew I was thinking about starting. When he saw me take out my pack and light up as well he had to laugh, so you weren’t pulling my leg Jim, welcome to the wonderful world of smoking man.
About 4 months later I put my pack in my shirt pocket for the first time and instead of being nervous I was pretty excited about it, proud to let everyone see I was a smoker.
Old 07-15-2020, 05:28 PM

Durk is an unknown quantity at this point

I clearly remember the first day of school after the summer vacation in which I became a smoker. 13 year old me was so proud to show my mates I had not seen over the summer that I now smoked. I felt oh so cool and loved it when they called me badass for becoming a smoker.