Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cancer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2019, 06:18 PM

Stagger Lee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Cancer

VA is telling me latest research states vape machines change DNA and result in the C word. If the right one don't get you then the left one will.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:36 PM

KWSmoker is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow- Having a hard time believing that based on all my research- I don’t find anything with regard to that on a google search- I might as well go back to smoking tobacco cigarettes! So just looked and saw something stating vaping “may” alter oral DNA- Seems a little far fetched but even broccoli may alter DNA for all we know - It’s just that no one does extensive research on that- The bottom line is, nothing is completely safe- Life is terminal any way you look at it- I’m electing to continue vaping and using snus throughout the day, every day!

Last edited by KWSmoker; 02-13-2019 at 07:43 PM.
Old 02-14-2019, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the roughmasklofumanto is a jewel in the rough

The following is copied from medicalexpress.com (dated 12/5/2018):

Here's what we know today about the dangers of vaping, by Ayleen Barbel Fattal, Florida International University

Although e-cigarettes were developed in part to help adult smokers cut their tobacco-use and to provide a "healthier" alternative, no study has yet been conducted that can provide information on the long-term effects of e-cigarette use. Due to the recent dramatic increase in e-cigarette use, preliminary findings are now showing that there is a negative effect on heart and lung function associated with e-cigarette use. However, there is still no definitive answer on whether these risks outweigh the benefits of switching from traditional tobacco cigarettes.

Teenage e-cigarette users are actually at a higher risk of smoking tobacco cigarettes compared to non-users. More than 30% of adolescent e-cigarette users start smoking traditional tobacco cigarettes within six months. Comment: While looking up research on e-cigarette dangers, I found a report from 2018 showing over 20% of high school students vape regularly. I believe this explains the plummeting of cigarette smoking by high school students over the last several years; i.e. probably half or more who would have otherwise started smoking have gone to vaping instead. If this claim that 30% go on to smoking cigarettes within six months is true, the statistics showing declining tobacco use will reverse.

Although e-cigarettes do not produce smoke, breathing in the second-hand vapor is not harmless. The aerosol from e-cigarettes contains many potentially harmful chemicals, including lead and other heavy metals. It also has flavorings including diacetyl, which has been linked to lung disease.

I haven't found anything specifically mentioning cancer risks, but some of the chemicals in e-cigarette vapor are carcinogenic. Another issue is that it's difficult to assess the dangers of any specific product. Across products, there is considerable variation in the nature and concentration of the ingredients, including nicotine and other known toxins.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 02-14-2019 at 09:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:24 AM

Bill is on a distinguished road

It seems that vaping may just be another so called safer product that ends up being worse than the problem it was to solve!