Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Camel SNUS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:52 PM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road
Default Camel SNUS

I'm sure most smokers have heard of RJR's smokeless tobacco brand called Camel SNUS. I rememba getting coupons in the mail a few times last summer for a free can of Camel SNUS. I neva used em though.

If you read Playboy, you might have seen the Camel SNUS ads in a few of the 2008 mags. I even recall seeing a coupon for Camel SNUS (within the ad itself) in an Aug '08 Playboy. Rememba the days when some of the classical cig ads in mags used to have coupons within their ads as well? LOL

RJR claims Camel SNUS cans are kept fresh in a store's fridge or freezer. Is this true?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:22 PM

Southern Smoker is on a distinguished road
I know some people that made $20 each from an hour long "interactive" survey on their home computers concerning Camel Snus. Twenty bucks an hour sounds good to me.
Old 01-19-2009, 12:47 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

They sell it here, but I've never bothered to try it. Doesn't look like it's really my thing.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road

I neva had an interest in smokeless tobacco. I'd have to be on a plane before i entertain the idea of putting a tobacco pouch in my mouth. Although I heard of a few people who sneak smokes in the plane's restroom.

I'm actually not interested in flying on a plane. Not since 9/11. Neva mind the fact I can't smoke even in most airports...no smoking on planes and in/around airports are both turn-offs.

I want smoke in my body. Not just the nic. If I wanted nic without smoking even my original brand, I'd eat tomatoes or potatoes instead of smoking a Newport.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:53 PM

seesolo is on a distinguished road

don't buy them, i got scammed, i am usually a turkish royal smoker, i was usually tempted to buy them whenever i was at the commissary, though one day at the gas station i finally bought one, and all i have to say is that the buzz is none to zero and fthen after going through a can, might just be me, but i got sores on the inside of my lip and the top of it so yea, but i mean its good if youre stuck inside an airplane and need a smoke bad, i suggest using 3 at a time to get desired effects.
Old 03-12-2009, 03:51 AM

PiccoloNamek is on a distinguished road

I went a bought a tin of "Mellow" flavored snus, and I must say I am fairly impressed. The taste is indeed mellow, sweet, with a hint of citrus. For me, the nicotine hit came on slowly, but was very strong and lasted for a long time. I would say that this is definitely a suitable replacement for cigarettes when cigarettes are not allowed.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:47 PM

PiccoloNamek is on a distinguished road

Update: After my Camel Mellow snus ran out, I thought I would try the "Frost" flavor. Some of my thoughts:

Smells like Aquafresh toothpaste.
Kind of tastes like it too.
Tastes less like tobacco and more like candy. A little sweeter overall.
The minty flavor can be irritating to sensitive gums.
Nicotine feeling is about the same.

They're pretty good once you get used to the toothpaste taste, although some will want to stick with the Mellows. I think I will, once I run out of Frost.
Old 04-02-2009, 04:41 AM

barfly is on a distinguished road
I took a survey from Survey Spot on new Camel products that are out now and they paid me $20 for the 1 hour interactive survey. Snus was one of the products. I still haven't tried any of it. I would like to try the Camel "Sticks".