View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 07:05 AM

DaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura aboutDaveM has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by marlbororob89 View Post
I don't RYO, but as someone who does accounting for a living, how much time does it take you to make all those?

There is the cost of your own time/labor and other things that you could be doing during that time that you are making all those cigs. Once you start to add up all those hours in a week/month/year, you also realize all the other things that you missed during the time that you were making cigs and I analyze production costs on a daily basis, so I'm very well knowledgeable in this area and someone posed a question like this several months ago and they mentioned all the money they would save doing RYO and then after talking with him, he realized he'd be stuck at home making cigs, when all his friends would be out doing other things or playing PS4/X-Box and he couldn't participate.

He quit doing RYO after a couple of bags, because the hidden cost of time cost him in other areas.

Just something to think about ....
I hope youíre kidding! It takes on average less than 5 minutes to make a pack of cigarettes and that includes a generous allocation of time for shredding and cleanup. Who among us is so busy and pressed for time that they canít find 5 minutes to save $5+? RYO is very cost effective and probably one of the cheapest and most satisfying hobbies a person can have.