View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 09:53 PM

marlbororob89 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by sheb1old1 View Post
I did it..after 40+ yrs smoking I was giving up a lot for my habit..getting 6 cartons a month at $360..I could be making a car payment or going on vacation every month. The prices are insane nowadays. Then after much research I realized I could buy a $52 five pound bag of tobacco & 10 boxes of tubes for $12. That's under fifty cents a pack. If it's dry use 8 oz at a time & moisten it however you like. I throw a piece of lettuce in it overnight & it doesn't have time to mold before I smoke it.

oh & this is Kentucky Select, Ohm, Cherokee, Good Stuff, Golden Harvest & Buoy in the 5 lb bags & Golden Harvest tubes
I don't RYO, but as someone who does accounting for a living, how much time does it take you to make all those?

There is the cost of your own time/labor and other things that you could be doing during that time that you are making all those cigs. Once you start to add up all those hours in a week/month/year, you also realize all the other things that you missed during the time that you were making cigs and I analyze production costs on a daily basis, so I'm very well knowledgeable in this area and someone posed a question like this several months ago and they mentioned all the money they would save doing RYO and then after talking with him, he realized he'd be stuck at home making cigs, when all his friends would be out doing other things or playing PS4/X-Box and he couldn't participate.

He quit doing RYO after a couple of bags, because the hidden cost of time cost him in other areas.

Just something to think about ....