View Single Post
Old 12-29-2019, 12:03 PM

MarlboroRedGuy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by marlbororob89 View Post
Forgive my honesty here, but, I think that the individual that posted this thinks that this was funny and cool and has most likely told all their friends that he got his 10 year son to smoke with him.

There are many people that started here at a young age, but, the world is changing, especially in the USA and with the recent law that you have to be 21 to buy cigs and vaping products, is this really a good example of being "a good parent". Is this the first step that will lead to other issues down the road, because dad thought it was cool that his 10 year son smokes- alcohol, drugs, poor grade in school

Take a look at the world around, which is not that hard, and realize that a 10 year old boy is no where near mature enough to make a decision like this to start smoking - probably also needs hep tying his shoes in the morning, but, his "cool dad" thinks it's ok.

If I made a decision like this or started earlier than I did, I can guarantee my life would be nowhere near the same as it is now.

Sorry for the post, but, being cool and being a good parent are two different perspectives. Time to step up and be the "good" parent and set a good example of right and wrong.
Quite the contrary. I've only shared this experience with my wife and brother in law (her brother) and my dad. Obviously my wife and I discussed it and her brother was brought in because my son hangs out over there with their kids and they spend alot of time together so I wanted to make sure it wasn't happening behind my back. My dad because I know he will keep any eye out when they are together and again because my son does like to spend time with his grandpa. I'm glad I let him try it but I am not ready to have another smoker in the house but I am glad I could be there to cub his curiosity before he went and tried it with a friend. We haven't had much time alone the past two weeks but I am prepared to be the "good" dad and not the "cool" dad.