View Single Post
Old 12-16-2019, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

masklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nicemasklofumanto is just really nice

Originally Posted by MarlboroRedGuy View Post
Had a discussion with the wife about what happened yesterday. She agrees he is too young to be smoking but she is handing me the reigns on this one. She said she doesnt want him smoking without me and so we both are going to keep our cigarettes out of easy to grab places. So far it's been 3 drags. I am going to wait and see what he does next weekend if he asks I will explain to him this is not going to be an all the time thing. If he doesn't ask I think I will bring it up and tell him we really need to wait a bit. I don't think a drag here and there will be bad but I don't want him smoking like I was at his age.
In my opinion, allowing "a drag here or there" sends a mixed message, and children that age need clarity. If you don't want him smoking like you did at his age, then hold the line firmly and tell him he has to wait until he's "x" years old. Furthermore, allowing even just "a drag here or there" may result in nicotine dependency, if recent studies are to be believed, so that his becoming a smoker at a very early age might become a predetermined outcome.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 12-16-2019 at 12:48 PM.