View Single Post
Old 03-27-2015, 03:05 PM

larryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to alllarryccf is a name known to all

just occurred to me, that story reminded me of two events, similiar where i was the "threat"

was looking at properties up in nova scotia one spring, when i stumbled om a young family of grouse and the mom came at me with her wings spread wide and her tail raised and fanned out, to make herself look like a bigger animal than she obviously was, while her "kids" (the size of fluffy softballs) hauled ass in five different directions

and was walking a property in western VA, up in the mountains, when something similiar happened, this time with a mama turkey - her young weren't much bigger than a softball and they took off in upteen different directions, while mom baited me (or tried) into chasing her in the opposite direction. The young turkeys were hilarious though, running so fast they'd stumble or trip over twigs in their way, and hit the ground with their feet stilll running.

i think that bait and tease me into chasing her in a different direction might have been the smarter move with a 2 ton rhino though