Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Snus Tobacco » Best Snus Tobacco?

Best Snus Tobacco?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2010, 05:53 PM

smokybear is on a distinguished road
Default Best Snus Tobacco?

For those of you out there more familiar with Snus, can someone please tell me what brands they have tried and what their preference is? I'm finishing classes at night and i work during the day, and it is so hard for me to concentrate in class when i get a nicotine fit, and i thought Snus would be the perfect solution...any thoughts? I've seen marlboro snus and camel snus in the convenience stores, but this stuff started big overseas right? like in Norway or something? Anyone that knows about Snus, i'd really appreciate some guidance...thanks! Snus 'em if you got 'em!

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 05-15-2010 at 05:57 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 01:45 AM

Jwalker is on a distinguished road

I know a lot about it basically american snus has less nicotine because PMI and RJR either intentionally keep it lower or don't know how to make it higher. The only way to get a good variety of swedish snus at a decent price is to go online. You can go to Northerner.com, getsnus.com, buysnus.com or snuscentral.com. Getsnus is now owned by northerner but has a different price system. The sites are all perfectly legitimate so you can you use a credit or debit card. Getsnus and Northerner both have warehouses in the Pennsylvania. It takes three to six days from there and six days to a week and a half from Sweden.
I've tried General Original(earl grey tea and peper flavored), General Mint(peppermint), Ettan portion(tobacco with unsweetened chocolate), Roda Lacket(fruit flavor) loose and protion, Nick and Johnny portion(smokey tobacco), Skruf extra sterk(tobacco with rose oil which is hard to describe), Odens Original(not a favorite) and Licorice(weird), Thunder Frosted(spearmint), Goteborgs Rape, Gorv white(tobbaco), LD black (black licorice) and a couple others. It comes down to personal preference most people dislike the tobacco flavored stuff at first but start to like it over flavored snus. My suggestion is get a variety of snus to try out and find what you like. At first things like general, and skruf will taste salty kind of like how cigs made you cough at first but then you start to taste other flavors. You can try a sampler Try out boxes on norther and add a few cans in for a reasonable price. Your tastes might change over time and most people have a couple brands they use. At first I salivated more and felt the urge to spit, try to keep the spit away from the tobacco on your upper lip and you won't swallow the juice. You can gut the juice without any heath effects, but at first I felt weird when I did it. If you use white portions they don't juice I actually put them on my tongue and soak them in spit because I like to swallow the juice of some brands but some feels weird to me.

I'd recommend getting portions at first but you can a can of a can of these but not more than two until you know what you like. General Original, General Mint, Goteborgs Rape No1, Goteborgs Rape No2, Thunder Frosted, Nick and Johnny, Skruf Stark (and or Extra Sterk), Thunder Frosted. These are portions I've tried and thought were good or great. Nick and Johnny, Thunder, and Skruf extra sterk all have a lot of nicotine. Having one of them should give you a similar feeling chain smoking. It feels different though because the buzz lasts longer starting five minute or so after you a portion in and lasting for forty five minutes to an hour if you leave the pouch in. You get most of the nicotine after forty five minutes and then you just get the flavor.

General Mint and wintergreen were created for american market. I dont't like wintergreen but mint is good imo.

For more info you can google swedish snus or look on youtube, northerner has a video called quitting smoking with snus and it explains more You can look on a forum snuson.com for more info.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:38 AM

instyle is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by smokybear View Post
For those of you out there more familiar with Snus, can someone please tell me what brands they have tried and what their preference is? I'm finishing classes at night and i work during the day, and it is so hard for me to concentrate in class when i get a nicotine fit, and i thought Snus would be the perfect solution...any thoughts? I've seen marlboro snus and camel snus in the convenience stores, but this stuff started big overseas right? like in Norway or something? Anyone that knows about Snus, i'd really appreciate some guidance...thanks! Snus 'em if you got 'em!
Started in Sweden - im making a thread about this site but you should check it out for more information thisisswedishsnus.com

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 05-28-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

parliamentsrock will become famous soon enoughparliamentsrock will become famous soon enough
Default I just tried the Marlboro Spearmint...

I had not tried snus at all and got a Marlboro snus sample promo pack (as a promotional on a pack of Marlboro 72's. I think Spearmint was good but it feels weird having a packet thing in my mouth. I suppose you get used to that. Some snus you can try free as well. Any opinions of different kinds?

Last edited by parliamentsrock; 09-21-2010 at 05:32 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 07:54 PM

I haven't tried marlboro snus, I used camel frost almost exclusively before I bought my first can of General original. In general of a couple of flavored snus that are good are Catch eucalyptus, General Mint, Thunder Frosted, Gotlands Green, Goteborgs Rape No2. and Jakobsson's wintergreen. I would also recommend some tobacco flavored snus such as General White, General Onyx, and Gotlands original, Nick and Johnny and Tre Ankre. I haven't tried them but Jakobsson's Icefruit and Catch Pure Mint are also probably good. You can't really get it free at many places because of the new tobacco law, but some cigar shops and tobacconists have sample packs of General for like a dollar though.
Old 09-29-2010, 09:26 AM
Super Moderator

parliamentsrock will become famous soon enoughparliamentsrock will become famous soon enough
Post Marlboro Snus Variety Pack Review

I just tried Marlboro Amber, Marlboro Rich and Marlboro Peppermint (already wrote about Spearmint which is my favorite if i had to choose one):

Amber is very unique and very tasty flavor. It's kinda like a frangelico liqueur coffee drink, which is a hazelnut flavor, and a rich bold tobacco and coffee taste among other spices I can't quite pinpoint. it's a very strong flavor and goes great with coffee

Rich is way richer than any of them. A super rich strong coffee and tobacco flavor with molasses in it and hint of nuts.

Peppermint is the immense mint vapor you give off when you leave the dentist office and lingers for like 2 days. Very strong as well but much more my taste..makes your breath fresh too...and girls like that hint hint

Surprisingly, I really liked them all in a different way and rotate flavors.

Last edited by parliamentsrock; 09-29-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-14-2010, 02:06 AM

smokeylan is on a distinguished road

spearmint is the only one i like that dosent bother me its mello and taste like gum but i cant seem to suns because i still find myself smoking while having one in so i voted it out in my opinion
Old 10-28-2010, 05:34 PM

You need to get a stronger brand, marlboro snus doesn't contain very much nicotine and isn't intended to be used for quitting, thunder frosted is the strongest brand I can think of that's spearmint flavored it's 16mg of nicotine and has a high ph (you get a hit faster) (not sweet though) and if you can smoke after having one or two in after ten minutes then you'll be wishing at minute 20 you hadn't. They're also cheap at 2.20 for 24 pouches. It burns a bit when you use it but I'd say you'll still catch a buzz with it. It's hard to use it without spitting though I used to kind of blot it on a kleenex so there's less moisture.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:58 AM

Tobacco will become famous soon enough
Default Thge best Snus

Snus are also linked to mouth sores, dental cavities, heart attack, stroke, and diabetes risk. And they do deliver nicotine -- an addictive drug. The tobacco/nicotine-free snuses also have a public relations and advertising value in light of the blatant insanity of the EU Snus Ban and individual EU counties restrictions on tobacco. I've learned you can buy cigarettes, tobacco cuts.
Old 11-04-2012, 07:53 PM

the iron horse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Tobacco View Post
Snus are also linked to mouth sores, dental cavities, heart attack, stroke, and diabetes risk. And they do deliver nicotine -- an addictive drug. The tobacco/nicotine-free snuses also have a public relations and advertising value in light of the blatant insanity of the EU Snus Ban and individual EU counties restrictions on tobacco. I've learned you can buy cigarettes, tobacco cuts.

I have read more than a few sites online about snus and have not
read anything about the health issues you posted.

Can you post the source of your information?