Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Snus Coupons

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 06:19 PM
Administrator

admin has disabled reputation
Default Snus Coupons

Here's a tip for anyone that wants to try Marlboro Snus - You can get a coupon for 4 Free packs of Snus if you login into marlboro.com and get the latest promotion

Attachment 1
Old 05-15-2010, 06:50 PM

smokybear is on a distinguished road

you're right, i logged in at marlboro.com and i got a coupon for 4 free packs, great advice! This site is already helping me save money! And it is free! Hey, by the way, did you like marlboro snus or do you prefer other snus brands?
Old 05-16-2010, 02:52 AM

Jwalker is on a distinguished road

Apparently I'm not old enough. I haven't tried Marlboro, their snus is overpriced. People on snus forums didn't like it. It probably tastes sweet and it's really dry so I don't know. That and it apparently has no nicotine compared to Swedish snus. I'd give it a try for free.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:35 AM

Oh I should say I tried it I think two months ago for 2.39 for all four. Rich is better than amber(formerly mild) they both have a kind of maple syrup/sweet liquor flavor both get sickening after or during 1, spearmint was usable, peppermint was I would say almost ok.
From personal experience I'm not entirely convinced that you actually absorb nicotine from the snus anymore than you would if you stuck cigarette tobacco in your mouth, they felt weaker than 2mg nicotine gum, it could be a placebo effect for all I know. The pouches are the most abrasive and least comfortable I've used. I think I made it through like 5 before I just decided I couldn't take it so I decided to rip them open and see what tobacco they used everything but the rich had little flavor strips and the tobacco in each is the driest and finest cut I've ever seen it looks like the tobacco dust you have left over when you get to the end of a bag of rolling tobacco, I think they're might have been stems or the whole thing might have been stem but it was too finely cut to tell.

I'll definitely have to vote for camel snus over the old marlboro snus. The new marlboro and skoal snus in round cans I haven't tried I'm not sure I intend to.
Old 02-15-2011, 10:15 PM

the iron horse will become famous soon enough

I might be a bit off topic here, but why are we allowing those
warning labels on snus?

northerner.com/articles/SwedishSnus-292/Health%20issues%20with%20Snus-15023/SHOP-0/

The Tobacco Police are having a hard time trying to find a dangerous health link.

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 02-15-2011 at 10:38 PM.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:11 PM

It's not just allowed it's required that's why northerner spends the money on the stickers attached to the cans. If you look at the bottom of a can from sweden it's says roughly this tobacco product is addictive and may negatively impact your health which seems an appropriate label in the right place too so it doesn't mess up the design.

There were a lot of epidemiological studies in sweden, one involving 120,000 construction workers showing swedish snus isn't associated with mouth cancer or any others really, the study was by I believe the swedish government,they found a weak association with pancreatic cancer (I think it was 8.1 out of 100,000 vs. 3.9 out of 100,000 for non-smokers. Sweden has one the lowest rate of pancreatic cancer in europe though I think americans have a higher risk. It was also 13 out of 100,000 for smokers), they found no increase in cardiovascular disease.

The same is mostly true in the U.S. actually moist snuff increases your risk of oral cancer risk by a factor of 1-1.3 for dip, a little more for chewing tobacco, and then 4.1-13 for dry snuff (this is crushed up powder tobacco), the dry snuff study was done on 100 women in the south who had used it for 50+ years, this means your chance of dying is like 15 in 100,000, which is about the same risk as driving a car. They also said gum cancer risk is 50 times higher which could be true but the disease is extremely rare so a 50 time increase from a risk of .00001 percent is still a 99 percent chance you won't get it. They took the results from that and a couple of other studies (which usually had methodical problems not controlling for alcohol consumption, or in a lot of cases smoking etc.) made a law all smokeless tobacco containers must contain the warnings this product may cause mouth cancer, this product is not a safe alternative to smoking, and this product may cause gum disease and tooth lose in 1984. or so and then banned TV advertising and started an anti smokeless tobacco campaign.

My opinion is that either most politicians don't know the relative risk of snus and other smokeless tobacco or they think that all tobacco should be banned. The risk could be higher I doubt it's "healthy" but neither is anything really. Some of them do and bring it up in congress but you haven't heard much of that in the news have you. Of course any research showing the relative risk of smokeless tobacco or e-cigarettes or any statements on it are usually slammed as the person being in the pay of big tobacco. In some cases that's true how are you going to pay for a health study on smokeless tobacco, who would want to fund it an anti tobacco group or a smokeless tobacco company. Occasionally some studies are funded and the results are smokeless tobacco not a safe alternative to smoking, but then the actual results are different.
Old 03-24-2011, 11:32 PM

smokybear is on a distinguished road

Where do you see that promotion on marlboro snus? I can't see it on the marlboro.com website...