Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Electric Rolling Machines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Entry Member

Laydluck is on a distinguished road
Default Electric Rolling Machines

I recently bought the auger electric rolling machine, rolls fine except can't keep the cherry from falling off several times during the smoke. Any solutions?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:46 PM

Arnie is on a distinguished road

I don't have an electric so I may be talking out of my butt but I do have a suggestion that may help.

You didn't tell us what type of tobacco you are using (nor machine brand) so I will **assume** that you are using pipe cut tobacco to keep costs down.

Factory made sticks are made from ragged tobacco. All that means is that the tobacco is shoved under pressure through a tube and cut approx. 1/28th of an inch long with a machine that has a blade that looks like a windmill or an outboard motor prop. Very ingenious.

So, get a pair of heavy duty scissors (pinking shears work) then grab a handful of tobacco and carefully start slicing off small snippets of tobacco. Try not to cut your fingers. When you have enough for several sticks, run it through you machine and after each one change the setting (from loose to tight) and then smoke them and see if there is a change.

Experiment. Cut finer, cut coarser, pack tight, pack loose. Somewhere in the mix you may well find a solution. The tighter the stick, the less chance of the cherry falling off but that also may mean a terrible draw when puffing. Generally, the finer the tobacco, the looser the setting should be

Electric machines are cute but have a rep of not making great sticks. That and when the power goes out all you need with a manual machine is a light source to see what you are doing. A candle will do. LOL.

Good luck.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:54 PM

twin30 is on a distinguished road

yea they stink,!!!!! And dont listen to the sellers that say your using wrong tobacco type
Old 01-07-2011, 06:00 AM

gatrman56 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs down electric machines

They SUCK !
I have one it's a " Twistamatic" and It sits in my closet.....
does the same thing cherry falls off...they told me to use tube
cut long tobacco well it still did the same thing....
I went and got a Top T-2 matic and it injects like crazy.
I can wrap a pack of smokes in about 12 minutes.I've had it now
4 months or so and I take care of it,clean and lube it,once a week.
So my electric one sits, tried to sell but no one wants...
Oh well Live and Learn.
Happy Rollin...................
gatrman56
Old 01-07-2011, 06:31 PM

twin30 is on a distinguished road

yea, pass the word that they stink,, The places that sell them all say to use diff tobacco,--Well it wont help.--- im using mine as a paper weight
Old 04-24-2011, 11:22 AM

IMMO Tobacco is on a distinguished road
Default Losing your cherry

Originally Posted by Laydluck View Post
I recently bought the auger electric rolling machine, rolls fine except can't keep the cherry from falling off several times during the smoke. Any solutions?
If you are using an Easy roller first off I'm sorry. Everyone is right they do suck.
There is hope though. Put the packing selector on 4 then turn the speed down all the way. Load the machine as normal put your tube on & when you push the start button put your finger on the end of the filter. Let it run into you not you push into it. That should help. Good luck
Old 04-26-2011, 12:26 PM

Gassy is on a distinguished road

I waited a long time to try an electric and I have to say it makes life a lot easier.

I have used the Supermatics, Excels, Round Gambler, etc and am now using the
Powermatic 2.

I am not a fanboi or associated with them in any way, I just feel like everyone
should know there is a better way than cranking.

It injects just like a Supermatic or Top but you simply open,stuff and close it.

You won't be unhappy with it if you try it out.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:58 AM

rks1949 is on a distinguished road

I too just purchased a Powermatic II (the new version) and it works great! Any "auger" type rolling machine (injector) will leave voids in the cig,and the cherry will fall out. The Powermatic is the "real deal" as far as injectors go. Look on e bay for good deals on them. I purchased mine for 92.00 shipping included. Also make sure it is the NEWER Version. Some problems were reported with the older models. I can easily roll a pack of smokes in 4 minutes,or less,and use Criss Cross pipe tobacco. It makes great smokes,and I'll never go back to "manufactured" cigs. again! Here's a short video of the maching in action. youtube.com/watch?v=Lb4R7EYWpv4&feature=related
Old 09-25-2011, 09:54 AM

rks1949 is on a distinguished road

I have a Powermatic II,and wouldn't trade it for anything! It really turns out great smokes every time with little effort. They are kinda pricey,but will pay for themselves in short order. I can make a pack of smokes in around 3 1/2 to 4 minutes. It works well with cigarette,or pipe tobaccos.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:06 PM

lilstinker12 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Laydluck View Post
Actually it's the auger type machines that do that and has nothing to do with the tobacco. What they do is when the tobacco goes through the machine actually grinds it too fine thus leaving nothing for the head to hold on to (ie. long tobacco pieces). I had recently bought one and was impressed with it since it did make a great smoke until I lit up and kept losing the head. Had to smoke them over the ashtray lol. Needless to say I sent mine back. My first machine is electric (not auger) and it works great. Just tears off a tip of tube paper if I over stuff but that's not a problem.