Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » Why Smoke Roll You Own Cigarettes?

Why Smoke Roll You Own Cigarettes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2009, 04:19 PM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road
Post Why Smoke Roll You Own Cigarettes?

Question: The main question everyone has is why smoke Roll Your Own Cigarettes?

Answer: There are many answers to this question.
1. Reduction in chemicals or no chemicals by choosing natural tobacco.
2. No FSC paper to deal with.
3. Custom blending to find the ideal cigarette taste you have always been looking for.
4. Stopping addiction to chemicals and returning to enjoyment of smoking.
5. Cost, with cigarettes hitting almost $10 a pack in some states RYO users can still roll a carton of smokes for under $10.

My thoughts on pre-made cigarettes vs. RYO is this.

When smoking pre-made cigarettes I had the itch to smoke a cigarette after a long breaks or long flights of not being able to smoke. With RYO I find I once again enjoy cigarettes without a need or addiction to the next cigarette. It becomes more of an enjoyment factor than an addiction to the chemicals added to cigarettes.

I find that my smokers cough has all but disappeared after smoking for too many years. Before switching to mostly RYO smokes I would wake up and cough every morning. Now I can wake up without problems which is nice. My throat doesn't hurt anymore and if I am in a state that only sells FSC I no longer get headaches from smoking (FSC only).

To me the cost comparison is one of the best reasons on top of the Health to consider RYO. While our President did increase the tax on RYO tobacco by over 2100% (which by the way is the largest tax hike on a single product in the history of the U.S.) there are alternatives so the consumer can still enjoy a healthier alternative. Some tobacco which has a pipe cut to it will still roll or inject perfectly fine and shares the taste of it's RYO/SYO style. For instance "The Good Stuff" and "Farmers Gold" Pipe cut tobacco from Smokers Outlet On-line has 1lb bags of pipe cut tobacco for $17.99 or less. This 1lb bag is enough to roll between 2.5 to three cartons of mostly chemical free smoking enjoyment. When you way in the price of shipping and filters you will be able to have three cartons of cigarettes for well under $30 shipped. You can find a link to Smokers Outlet via the U.S. Tobacco Shop list on the home page.

If you're gonna smoke at least consider smoking smarter.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:06 PM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to cooldude Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude
Cool Getting started with RYO

I just ordered the $84.95 RYO Starter Kit from Smokers Outlet and a few different kinds of tobacco. I'm looking forward to rolling my own again. I did it in the past when regular smokes were so much cheaper but I didn't keep it up. Now, I'm going to be doing it as a matter of neccessity. My income doesn't go up with the taxes on cigarettes. It don't matter none to the politicians about what the prices are since they just vote themselves pay raises to stay ahead of the taxes they impose.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:24 AM

It's a goog idea to also check out the pipe cut tobacco as it rolls pretty well . If you don't mind, can you report back in a few weeks to comment on if your smokers cough is gone and how the lack of chemicals in smokes might have changed things such as headaches or such?

Congrats bro, smart decision!
Old 09-17-2009, 11:59 AM

Send a message via MSN to cooldude Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude
Unhappy

I don't have smokers' cough since 1/2 of my habit has become LibertyStix. Every other cigarette I smoke is a tobacco cigarette (L&M - PM - 2pks4 $7.28). It took about 4 months to get like this. I still smoke 1 pack of tobacco cigs a day down from 3-4 packs a day. I still have a wheeze sometimes when I'm trying to sleep but I can clear it quickly and it stops. I had only one set of FSC headaches so far when I smoked a pack of COBRA Light 100s recently and it said FSC right on the pack. That pack came from a Native American online store in a "Sampler" carton.

There IS a lot of new chemicals in these FSC cigarettes which for some reason, never got any FDA scrutiny at all and here they are POISONING us smokers MORE than the non-fsc cigs were. I think Michael B wants to kill all the smokers and replace the revenue for NYC with his own money so he can "Own" the city. It's sort of like the original founder of Domino's pizza down there in Ave Maria FL wanting to "Own" the town (he don't want no smokers allowed there).
Old 10-01-2009, 10:14 PM

Cool Roll Your Own IS FUN

I just got some zen blueberry, menthol and strawberry flavored tubes and some Good Stuff Light 6oz and some Good Stuff Menthol light 6oz. I got a click clack storage container and a couple of pushbutton pack holders. I spent $298 in 3 orders in September. I got enough to last a bit. I've rolled and smoked a carton already. I like this better than buying cigarettes over the counter. A lot better. It's fun rolling the cigs and experimenting with the tobaccos.
Old 11-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Entry Member

nandozeta is on a distinguished road

What is it that concerns you most about off the shelf tobacco products?

The harmful by-products of the mass production process.
The high cost of off the shelf tobacco products.
The insane taxes added to off the shelf tobacco products.
Lining the tobacco companies pockets when tobacco SHOULD be a relatively cheap product.
The fact that they may soon be unaffordable for the average wage-earner.
That I don't really know how safe they are.
That some of these products have been linked to health problems.
That I have no control over the price or quality of the product.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:52 AM

All of the above minus lining the tobacco company pockets. I think every smoker knows they only line the pockets of the Government. Tobacco companies would sell their products cheaper if 60% or more of the price was not just taxes.
Old 03-30-2013, 10:08 AM

ronsen will become famous soon enoughronsen will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by wipeout97 View Post
All of the above minus lining the tobacco company pockets. I think every smoker knows they only line the pockets of the Government. Tobacco companies would sell their products cheaper if 60% or more of the price was not just taxes.
It is getting worse.
Old 04-01-2013, 05:54 PM

CNCMan will become famous soon enoughCNCMan will become famous soon enough

The govt. has clearly made the case that the 'big tobacco' folks have victimized the public with their products. Their answer... further victimize the public with exorbitant taxes. On the other end, they have encumbered the tobacco companies in every way possible. It could be argued that the 'big tobacco' folks are being victimized as well. Now, thanks to our govt., we enjoy the benefits of both.