Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Cherokee Full Flavor

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 PM

regularfella has a spectacular aura aboutregularfella has a spectacular aura about
Default Cherokee Full Flavor

10.99 per pound at BnB

This stuff is fantastic. It's closer to a commercial brand than anything I've tried. Perfect for a former Marlboro smoker.

If you fellas haven't tried it do yourself a favor and give it a shot. I doubt I'll be buying much else it's so good to me.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:07 AM

masklofumanto has a spectacular aura aboutmasklofumanto has a spectacular aura about

Very interesting. As you will recall, Ronsen thought highly of Cherokee Menthol. It's starting to sound like an all-around "home run." And inexpensive too. Individual tastes can very, of course . . . I read reviews saying pretty much the same thing, with the same comparison to Marlboro, about OHM Bold. And OHM Bold does not taste like Marlboro to me.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 11-07-2013 at 08:24 AM. Reason: typo
Old 11-08-2013, 05:05 AM

regularfella has a spectacular aura aboutregularfella has a spectacular aura about

I detest OHM bold. It's way to heavily topped and has a bad taste to me.

I didn't mean to say it tastes like Marlboro, but it does have the "factory cigarette" taste and hit to me. It's casing/topping is not overdone like I've found most FF tobaccos yet it still feels like the 1.2 mg of nicotine or so that I'm used to.

It's good enough for me to give up my D&R smokes and go with it exclusively. The price is right, the flavor is right, the strength is right. I'm not saying it's gold in a tube, I'm just saying it suits me right down to my toes. :-)

Also, I didn't know ronson liked it too. Can you post me a link to the thread? He posts over at another ryo forum I'm a member of, too. Too bad I seem to be the only one posting over there...lol
Old 11-08-2013, 06:18 AM

masklofumanto has a spectacular aura aboutmasklofumanto has a spectacular aura about

Ronsen's review of Cherokee Menthol is on page 3 of this (RYO) thread. Here's the URL:
www. cigreviews.com/forums/ryo-roll-your-own-cigarettes/2491-cherokee-menthol.html#post15435

Yeah, I know he also posts at the rollyourown.com forum. Is that the one you're talking about?

Cigreview's activity has slowed down a lot lately. Last night I checked in, and the only new post was more spam from windycity. That guy just doesn't give up. Why bother even checking in here if that's the only thing posted? Is it any wonder that formerly active members, like Ronsen, have been silent lately.

OHM Bold seems to have a cherry flavor to me. Not as bad as the toppings in Red Cap Regular, Kentucky Select, and PS Norwegian, but definitely noticeable.

Last edited by masklofumanto; 11-08-2013 at 06:24 AM.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:31 AM

Regulafella,
What filter tubes do you use?
My favorites are FF Zen and FF Laramie, which are made for the same company by the same factory in the Philippines. I think they're practically the same. This morning I finally finished the last of the Royal Majestic Red tubes. I'm not buying them again. Although they stuff fine, the filter quality is poor.
Old 11-09-2013, 09:52 AM

I'm using Golden Harvest FF tubes for the Cherokee. Beretta seems to work well, too.

I have also used Shargio because I like the 20mm filter. Now, the Shargios are not built as well as the others, but, I like the idea of not wasting so much tobacco under the tipping paper. I've also noticed that the Shargios are a smaller diameter than normal RYO tubes. It hasn't been a problem, though, and the taste is fine. The paper around the filters of the Shargios aren't glued as well, although, I've never had any come out.

The reason I use them sometimes is that I can get more cigarettes out of the same amount of tobacco using them.

So, in summary, the best tubes I can find at my local B&M are GH FF. The best ones I found online are Beretta's. I've been meaning to try some of the D&R branded tubes, though.
Old 11-09-2013, 12:34 PM

Yeah, I also noticed a slightly smaller gauge on the Shargio tubes, and I suspect that makes them more prone to filter gaps, at least when using a Zen SS. Golden Harvest tubes, on the other hand, have a slightly wider gauge. I agree that GH tubes are good, though my experience has been that less flavor gets through them than with Zen/Laramie tubes.

I would like to try Vera Cruz Midnight some day -- those all-black tubes look so "bad-ass."
Old 01-29-2014, 01:19 PM

Yankeeman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by regularfella View Post
10.99 per pound at BnB

This stuff is fantastic. It's closer to a commercial brand than anything I've tried. Perfect for a former Marlboro smoker.

If you fellas haven't tried it do yourself a favor and give it a shot. I doubt I'll be buying much else it's so good to me.

Going to order some of this stuff based on your review. prolly going to go with the Red,Blue,Green,Black. Been smoking Ohm Turkish Red for the longest time and it's changed in favor not as good as it once was not like the chemical taste im getting my last bag of the Ohm Turk Red
Old 01-29-2014, 04:41 PM

ryan787 has a spectacular aura aboutryan787 has a spectacular aura aboutryan787 has a spectacular aura about

Do you guys know what kind of tobaccos are in Cherokee? I've have big love for Virginia and it makes up of at least 50-100% of my blends. I thought maybe I could blend some of this in with Windsail or something if it is mostly Burley.

Thanks in advance for any response!
Old 02-03-2014, 09:19 AM

larryccf is a jewel in the roughlarryccf is a jewel in the roughlarryccf is a jewel in the roughlarryccf is a jewel in the rough

i think cherokee bold's quality varies considerably from batch to batch. early 2012, someone had a sale (think it was bnb) for $9 a bag shipped. I bought 4 bags, and all four tasted like they'd been flavored with tire rubber. The aroma it gave off smoking it, you'd thought i had a tire burning in the room, that nasty.

absolutely the worst tasting tobacco, next to the kentucky select organic or natural (whatever it was called).

but some folks report positively on it, so i assume it's a quality consistency issue.

fwiw

Last edited by larryccf; 02-03-2014 at 09:22 AM.