Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > RYO - Roll Your Own Cigarettes » How do you stop the tobacco from falling out of your cigarettes?

How do you stop the tobacco from falling out of your cigarettes?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2012, 03:21 PM
Entry Member

Fordun is on a distinguished road
Default How do you stop the tobacco from falling out of your cigarettes?

This is really ticking me off. I can't seem to go a day without losing a few of my smokes to the ground. My pockets always have some tobacco left in them. And i have tried mostly everything to prevent it.

I have tried packing the cigarettes individually before they get in my case, Not packing them, Drying out the tobacco, Moistening it, And the only thing that seems to really work is tying off the ends. But then my cigarettes all end up looking Ghetto/like Joints.

What pisses my off more is one of my friends is using the big red circle of a thing known as the "Gambler Table Top" And he never gets this issue. And im using a Powermatic 2 Electric Injector and i can't seem to get rid of it.'

I walk around all day on my way to class and home so leaving my smokes in one spot isn't a possibility. I had to discard more tobacco out of my case on the drive home today.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:26 PM

A_Nony_Mouse is on a distinguished road

A common question. Mostly trim the ends so no tobacco sticks out and put them in a container where they don't rattle around.
Old 10-18-2012, 03:47 PM

marper will become famous soon enoughmarper will become famous soon enough

I have the same issue. I pack mine down good and flatten the end. It also varies by what type tobacco I am using
Old 10-19-2012, 11:47 AM

Greenjeans will become famous soon enoughGreenjeans will become famous soon enough

Trim "carrot tops" with a pair of really sharp scissors rather than tamping or pulling them off.
Fishing "super line" scissors are the best from my experience.
Try putting your smokes "up side down" in your pack.
Won't stop it completely, but will help a great deal.
This is a very small inconvenience compared to how much better smokes you have compared to "store bought,"

Last edited by Greenjeans; 10-19-2012 at 12:42 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:32 PM

masklofumanto has a spectacular aura aboutmasklofumanto has a spectacular aura about

I use the blunt end of a chopstick to tamp down the tobacco from the open end. Very little tobacco fallout, not much more than with "store bought" cigarettes.
Old 10-22-2012, 07:34 AM

andyk has a spectacular aura aboutandyk has a spectacular aura about

I try to minimize the transportation, and also employ cases that don't allow for as much wiggling. When I first started I had a somewhat tall, wide case (can't remember the name of the mfr) but the sticks took a lot of abuse in them. My Yellow TOP case keeps them secure at the sides so they don't bounce around.

Also, take the case out of your pocket when you don't need it, this helps also.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:49 PM
NCJY

Originally Posted by andyk View Post
I try to minimize the transportation, and also employ cases that don't allow for as much wiggling. When I first started I had a somewhat tall, wide case (can't remember the name of the mfr) but the sticks took a lot of abuse in them. My Yellow TOP case keeps them secure at the sides so they don't bounce around.

Also, take the case out of your pocket when you don't need it, this helps also.
So far, found andyk's advice above is the best way to minimize it without extra effort.

Might want to try this if you have a Top-O-Matic. Just made some 100's that I forgot to remove the spacer. Left the ends not filled, which I folded over to keep the tobacco in. Seemed like a decent method if I know my smokes will be rough and tumbled. Like jogging, mountain climbing, motocross, ........... yea right.

Last edited by NCJY; 11-25-2012 at 03:19 PM.
Old 11-25-2012, 05:50 PM

ojsglove has a spectacular aura aboutojsglove has a spectacular aura about

I totally agree NCJY, I always take my cigs out of my pocket if I have to get outa the recliner!!
Old 11-26-2012, 09:19 PM

ojsglove has a spectacular aura aboutojsglove has a spectacular aura about
Smile

Originally Posted by Fordun View Post
This is really ticking me off. I can't seem to go a day without losing a few of my smokes to the ground. My pockets always have some tobacco left in them. And i have tried mostly everything to prevent it.

I have tried packing the cigarettes individually before they get in my case, Not packing them, Drying out the tobacco, Moistening it, And the only thing that seems to really work is tying off the ends. But then my cigarettes all end up looking Ghetto/like Joints.

What pisses my off more is one of my friends is using the big red circle of a thing known as the "Gambler Table Top" And he never gets this issue. And im using a Powermatic 2 Electric Injector and i can't seem to get rid of it.'

I walk around all day on my way to class and home so leaving my smokes in one spot isn't a possibility. I had to discard more tobacco out of my case on the drive home today.
Hey, I know exactly what your going through. I purchased the Powermatic 2, and it was great for several months, but then it would not pack the tubes tight enough to prevent the same problem you are having, or to my liking. Trying to add more baccy only resulted in jamming the machine. The model I had was the newest model, so I think they still have a lotta work to do on this thing. Anyway, sold mine on Ebay and purchased a Powermatic 1 manual machine. After about 3 months of heavy use, I have decided, this is the finest tabletop injector you can buy. Absolutely perfect cigarettes using any tube and baccy combo