Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Broken Injector

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 11:18 PM

dman20 will become famous soon enough
Default Broken Injector

Hi all,
I own a el cheapo Top handheld injector. Using this, I have successfully made roughly 2 cartons worth. Just today, it quit working. When I try to inject the cigarettes, my tubes get stuck about 1/4 of the way there. Basically my tube goes up sideways. If I stuff less, I am able to inject, however, there is a gap in the tube about halfway. I checked my injector and it is clean of any built up tobacco. I plan on buying a new injector, but I am still wondering if there is any way I can salvage this one. I did not have any problems injecting until today. I am currently using McClintock tobacco with Zig Zag tubes.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:49 AM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to cooldude Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude
Cool

Hi dman20, I got a zen hand-held roller that works pretty good once you really get the hang of it good but is not practical for me for my daily smoking habit. What I do use and has been good at not getting jammed up is my Premier Super-matic Injector. I think I paid around $50 for it online from a smokeshop in PA. I used to use zen tubes. Now I use the Premier filter tubes exclusively. I used this machine to roll 1-2 packs a day for about a year and a half. It took me 15-20 minutes a day to roll 2 packs of 18 cigarettes. I got so good with it that at one point, I could roll a whole carton in under 100 minutes, not including packing tobacco and loading completed cigarettes into used pre-made cigarette packs. The machine has a removable rubber base to hold it in place. I put my machine inside of a "rolling tray" so there is never a mess. With the tray, I can sit in bed and do my rolling before getting ready for work. You do have to make sure you don't put too much in the trough or else the machine will jam. If you try to force it, it is difficult to get the tobacco back out especially if using cigarette tobacco which is a finer cut that pipe tobacco (I use pipe tobacco). I used to prefer "the Good Stuff" tobacco brand but now I am using Kentucky Select ff. In almost 2 years of daily use, I have never had a problem with the Premier machine.
Old 04-16-2012, 03:59 PM

dman20 will become famous soon enough

Thanks for your help. I bought a new Top injector today and it had the same problem. I gave up and ended up buying a Top o Matic, I just hope it was worth the money I paid. I'm just sick of my smokes not always turning out.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 PM

webslave is on a distinguished road

I had a friend who had a Premier and now I have a top o matic "about the same prices, $50". The only difference I've noticed is the little handle on the top o matic which actually is helpful.
Basically the same, the two machines.
I'll be making about 2 packs a day now and agree that the smaller hand-held injectors aren't practical at making that many cigs at a single sitting, at least not for me.
I too have a lap tray and can roll sitting watching tv etc.