Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Make them taste better

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 01:37 PM

DougCasey is on a distinguished road
Default Make them taste better

Hows it going guys?

I am now smoking 4 Aces (regular). Now I do like the taste but i feel like its missing something.
I was wondering if there were anything I could do to give it a more.. smokey taste? What do yall who like non-menthol smokes like?
I sometimes like a black and mild so is there anything I could do for that?
Something i wanna try is mixing some tobacco with some Jack Daniels and letting it dry back out. Or would it be worth it?

I dunno, but I would like to hear some suggestions.
Old 04-15-2012, 11:25 PM

dman20 will become famous soon enough

Hmm...from the few cigarettes I tried that were rolled up with 4 Aces, I never was real fond of it personally. Consider trying a different brand of tobacco, possibly cigarette tobacco. As I mentioned in an earlier post, although there are decent pipe tobaccos out there, I find that cigarette tobacco tastes better. I got a hold of a bag of McClintock Blue and it has a sweet aroma to it. Taste wise, it is reminiscent of a Marlboro Light. As far as pipe tobacco, however, consider trying Kentucky Select if you can find it. I bummed one off a friend of mine, and it was honestly one of the best pipe tobaccos I have smoked. This one also tastes like a Marlboro. Very tasty and flavorful. Taste, however, is a very subjective thing and it is a matter of finding what you like best. I, myself, am still deciding on a brand and at the moment, I am still trying different brands. On a side note, for something really flavorful, consider American Spirit Perique rolling tobacco. It has a spicy type after taste that you may like. Good luck!
Old 04-16-2012, 08:48 PM

anybodybut is on a distinguished road

If you're like me, you RYO to save $, which means finding a pipe tobacco that will suit you. I've tried 4 or 5 different bags. Most recently, I combined Golden Leaf [blue], 4 Aces [gold], Criss Cross [red]. This isn't a bad combo for me - I was a Marlboro Light smoker. I've also thrown in a little Gambler [gld] for good measure this last time. As you see, not exactly a connoisseur, but it works for me. (I've been rolling for only a couple months.)

Last edited by anybodybut; 04-21-2012 at 12:52 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 PM

pmilander is on a distinguished road

This may sound nuts but Nestles Quick gives it the Marlboro taste
Old 04-17-2012, 07:50 PM

anybodybut is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by pmilander View Post
This may sound nuts but Nestles Quick gives it the Marlboro taste
SERIOUSLY?!? That's incredible! Does it burn ok? I just happen to have some, but it's sugar free. ...now, i'm wondering if aspartame is still toxic when smoked...
Old 04-21-2012, 09:15 AM

RYOnewbie21 is on a distinguished road

I am really new to the RYO scene, but when I set out to make my first pack of smokes, I was looking to replicate my favorite cig: The Marb Red 100. After reading forum site after forum site (this one being the most helpful), I found a recipe that comes darn close in my opinion. Are you ready, this one is pretty complex....

*Buoy Pipe Tobacco (red bag) ((Really cheap))
*Premium 100mm tubes ((Also quite cheap))

... Yup, thats it! I was amazed how similar they were. I have heard a lot about people cutting their pipe tobacco for taste and other things to replicate cig tobacco. All I did was stuff it into my new Top-O-Matic T2, and light it up! Amazed with the savings. Although I just bought enough for a small scale start up (one 6oz bag and one box of tubes), I found a site online that I will buy from to mass-produce. My buddies really liked how they turned out as well and I think I'll whip up a few cartons for Christmas

[url=http://www.primewholesale.com/]Wholesale Store: Pipe Tobacco, Filtered Cigars, Hookah, Shisha & Free Shipping Deals[/url]

That is the site with the incedible low prices that I will be hitting up once my stuff runs out. Hope This helped!

-The Newbie