Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

problems with topomatic t2

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2011, 12:55 PM
Entry Member

bassnbobx19 is on a distinguished road
Default problems with topomatic t2

I have been using this machine for about a month. At first it worked very well, but now it seems that I am having trouble getting the tubes to fill properly. The problem is hit and miss, alot of them leave a gap at the filter. I've tried several types of tobacco as well as tubes. Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-18-2011, 01:38 PM

Danceomany is on a distinguished road
Default I am having the same problems

I was hoping that you have heard some feedback on this one....
Old 04-21-2011, 08:53 AM

BackDash is on a distinguished road

I have the same problem. But I dont consider it a problem anymore.

I get a maybe an 1/8" gap at the filter or very loosely filled. I realized that I never smoke down that far and that the gap doesnt affect the way it smokes or how it holds between my fingers.

After all if I dont smoke down that far why do I need tobacco there?
Old 04-23-2011, 08:31 PM

gatrman56 is on a distinguished road
Default Top T2

I had the same problem with mine. It actually
had 2 problems but not at the same time....
Tobacco would not fill by the filter, at first I
thought it was the wraps that fixed it a bit then it
started doing it again so I took a pair of pliers,and
ever so gently bent the tab where the rubber tip is...
Take the tip off, bent mine about an 1/8 of an inch.
worked great for the longest time. Took it all apart
and noticed the tamper all pitted , so I ordered it and a new
injector rod..My machine has been working great now...

I do notice that some tobacco works better than others.
The best I have found to inject my smokes is
McClintock light or reg. Top also works excellent in it..
Gambler sucks, Kentucky,also doesn't work
they get jammed in the tamper.Stay away from moist tobaccos.
Also I found out if your machine is under warranty, they
will send you the parts for no charge and postage paid. I figured
they dont need a ton of these machines coming to them to
be repaired,especially if you can do it yourself,it's faster to
doing it yourself.....
Im not a scientist but I'm sure the tobacco has some kinds
of acids and chems, in it and makes the parts corrode...
If you take yours apart look at the parts thru a magnifying
glass and you will see what I'm talking about.
Hope this helps folks, good rollin,

gatrman56
Old 04-24-2011, 10:47 AM

IMMO Tobacco is on a distinguished road
Default T2 problems

If you want the T2 to fill the kings to the end every time take the spacer off. I know you are supposed to only take off to make 100's but if you are making kings trust me & just take the thing off. Don't use pliers to bend any parts on the T2. There is an adjustment on the underside to fix the holder with the rubber piece. Keep your box & receipt & mail in your warranty & they will fix or replace it for you. I fix all the T2's I sell at my shop if you have any questions feel free to email me at ImmoTobacco@yahoo dot com

Thanks, John

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 04-24-2011 at 10:51 AM.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:38 PM
Entry Member

ariajohn is on a distinguished road
Default T2 problems

reply to Gatrman 56
I 2 have had problems with the T2 not filling the tubes all the way to the filter. This is the 2nd T2 I've had and now the new machine (2 months old) is doing the same thing. Even the kings aren't filling all the way up although I have taken out the 100 mill plug out from the T2. I've changed tobacco, cleaned the tamper and still no luck.

Is the problem with the tamper or the injector, or both?

By the way, I used to live in Gainsvile in the late 90s. Nice place.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Entry Member

ellering is on a distinguished road
Default T2

I had all the same problems described. What worked for me is a thorough cleaning. I used a clean wire brush to get all the goo off the part that puts the tobacco in the tube and a clean gun barrel brush for the inside where the cigarette tub goes on.

I also took the rubber holder off and wiped it down and scuffed it a little with the wire brush. Seems to work well now. I use Prince Albert Pipe Tobacco ($38.00 lb) and the cheapest pipe tobacco I can find ($14.00 lb). The cheap tobacco dries out very quickly. The Prince Albert has natural oils so it never completely dries out and gums up the T2. So I mix the dried cheap stuff with the Prince Albert 50/50. Seems to work well, with a cost of about $1.40 a pack.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:15 PM
Entry Member

smokinggram is on a distinguished road
Smile Cigarette Rolling

I have used the top o matic machine and to avoid gap by filter try and make sure you put enough tobacco in corners of machine ,push lightly not too much.hope this helps
Old 04-20-2012, 09:39 AM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to cooldude Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude
Cool

Hi bassnbobx19,

I had the same problem when I first began using my Premier supermatic injector. I went to a tobacconist that stocked ryo supplies and he showed me how to fill the tube completely. 1st off, I use a rolling tray so there is no mess. I place the injector machine in the rolling tray. I put 18 tubes in the tray and I dump a pile of tobacco right on top of the machine. Make sure you have the machine set on the size of the tube you're using. I make 100's mostly. I fill the trough 3 times for 100s, twice for KS, and each time, I push the tobacco towards the ends of the trough. Be careful not to add to much because the injector may jam. If you have too much, don't force the handle, just take the tobacco out and start over. After the tobacco is loaded, I grasp the machine with my left hand and push the handle in one quick motion. If you do it right, the freshly made cigarette will "fall off" onto the rolling tray. There is usually a bit of tobacco sticking out of the end of the cig which I pinch off and then I throw the cigarette down 3 or 4 times against the filter to pack the cig. When throwing the cig down, you have to be quick enough to "catch" it or else the cig bounces away. Some people pack their smokes after placing them in the pack but I pack each cigarette before putting them in the pack. After packing, I usually give a slight twist to the open end of the cig. Just remember to push the tobacco towards the ends of the trough 2-3 times before you pull the injection lever and you should soon find that your cig is loaded all the way up to the filter. It's a short learning curve and practice makes perfect I find. Happy rolling!

PS...sorry I don't have any experience with a top t2. The above is for a Premier supermatic injector.

Originally Posted by bassnbobx19 View Post
I have been using this machine for about a month. At first it worked very well, but now it seems that I am having trouble getting the tubes to fill properly. The problem is hit and miss, alot of them leave a gap at the filter. I've tried several types of tobacco as well as tubes. Any help on this will be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by cooldude; 04-20-2012 at 09:42 AM. Reason: left out a sentence
Old 04-25-2012, 09:49 PM

pmilander is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by IMMO Tobacco View Post
If you want the T2 to fill the kings to the end every time take the spacer off. I know you are supposed to only take off to make 100's but if you are making kings trust me & just take the thing off. Don't use pliers to bend any parts on the T2. There is an adjustment on the underside to fix the holder with the rubber piece. Keep your box & receipt & mail in your warranty & they will fix or replace it for you. I fix all the T2's I sell at my shop if you have any questions feel free to email me at ImmoTobacco@yahoo dot com

Thanks, John
Works like a charm every single stick... TY