Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

well time for me to call it quits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 11:46 PM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road
Default well time for me to call it quits

Well guys, I've been posting on here for awhile now, but I have made the decision today, today i have decided to quit smoking. Now there are a lot of reasons why I have chose this.

One reason is because, I mean come on, have you seen these prices??? God damn, why don't they tax the hell out of alcohol or something? Or guns? Jesus, this is crap.

Another reason why I am quitting is because to me, being a smoker for 5 years is just a pain in the ass now. Every day, after like every 40 minutes that go by, I'm like "Oh, god, I need another one, oh god, I need another one". I'm just sick of this, so today I threw out all of my cigarettes and bought a box of nicorette chewing gum- yes the gum that "helps you quit". So, from now on, I'll be chewing that instead of smoking. I agree that smoking was fun when I first started doing it- but now smoking is just a pain in the ass nowadays.

Anyways, just thought I'd let you all know. It's nothing against any of you, I'm just sick of being so damn ADDICTED to these things that are like 6.50 a pack.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM

PiccoloNamek is on a distinguished road

It's cool, don't worry. I can understand why somone would want to quit, especially with prices being as high as they are. I don't know about some of the people here, but I won't hold it against you. You will feel better and be healthier anyway.
Old 03-26-2009, 10:56 PM

Sally is on a distinguished road
Default Reply

Hey I am a firm believer that if you can quit it is the best thing you can do. Good Luck buddy.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:17 PM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road

I'd rather switch to a cheaper brand (which I've already done). But that's me.

Good luck in STAYING quit. My mother quit for three months last year. And she started smoking ultra light cigs again...she still is smoking today. Just not as much as she used to before getting COPD, bronchitis, and pneumonia.

I actually got pneumonia myself when I first started smoking regularly 11 years ago. But the pneumonia eventually went away with the help of medication.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:34 AM

Eddie H is on a distinguished road

My Brochial Asthma went away AFTER I started smoking. No coughing fits ever again! No Medi-haler ever again!

I'm not quitting ever! No matter how bad it gets for smokers. If they break down my doors and turn my home into a guantanomo is the only way they will stop me from smoking or if they take away the supply of tobacco products.

Yeah, GOOD LUCK in staying quit. You'll have to quit all your smoking friends and smoking activities too if you really want to get it out of your system. Good luck with that....
Old 03-14-2011, 02:03 AM

luigi is on a distinguished road

Good luck, I was in the same boat. I was a regular smoker for 22 years and tried quitting many times. It was tough because I loved to smoke. I gave electronic cigarettes a try and they have worked pretty damn good. I still smoke whenever I want to, I just don't want to very often. I have smoked 5 packs of cigarettes since December 3rd, 2009. 4 of those were in the first 6 months. I still consider myself a smoker (and probably always will) just a very light smoker. I still have about 8 packs of pre-FSC in the freezer in case I ever want to light up. I guess the hardest part of quitting before was thinking I could NEVER have another cigarette again!!! With my Vapor King from Vapor 4 Life I know I can have a cigarette whenever I want and not relapse into a full blown smoker again. Also I feel 100% better than I did and have alot more energy than when I was smoking daily.
Old 01-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Banned

pandeymitul is on a distinguished road

Congrats on the decision of yours...u just gifted yourself a better and healthier lifestyle...should i also say wealthier?
Old 01-11-2012, 08:43 PM

the iron horse will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by pandeymitul View Post
Congrats on the decision of yours...u just gifted yourself a better and healthier lifestyle...should i also say wealthier?

I agree.

If smoking has become an addiction, it's time to back off.

It's a good idea to not let anything rule over our lives.