Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Marlboro Cigarettes » Marlboro Black Cigarettes

Marlboro Black Cigarettes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2012, 01:55 PM
Entry Member

mwrowe is on a distinguished road

there's a difference between the SB and regular blacks. 2 different packs. the SBs are noted as such just like the other SBs. I'm really starting to enjoy the black series but it's really hard to swap from light 100s after 15yrs. I'm really not a fan of the SB as they are harsh and taste is subpar, though the SB black is much better than the red or gold SB to me but still isn't as good as reg series. so if you got the SB black and were interested you should try the reg blacks. I think they are the best thing Marlboro has introduced in years.
Old 01-25-2012, 12:25 AM
Entry Member

uojunkie is on a distinguished road
Cool Marlboro black

I just bought my first pack of Marlboro Black from a truck stop in Cheyenne, WY. They are similar to reds but a bit smoother; seeming to make that paper we all hate so much a little more noticeable
I admit, i was disappointed not to see a black paper filter or at least a black fancy stripe Even the Marlboro Virginia Blends have a silver stripe
(Marlboro's best cig in my opinion)
Old 01-30-2012, 06:09 PM
Entry Member

kyang24 is on a distinguished road

I just got a pack of Marlboro Black at CVS in Gainesville, GA for $2.54.
I just smoked one and they aren't too bad. I regularly smoke Marlboro Menthols, but who can pass up a pack of cigarettes for two bucks?
I cant tell much of a difference between the Blacks and the regular Menthols.
Old 01-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Super Moderator

Chief Smoker is on a distinguished road

Nice score! I'd a bought them out at that price
Old 01-31-2012, 10:09 PM

Desi300 will become famous soon enough
Unhappy Marlboro Black

I've been smoking Marlboro Reds for 10 years, I rarely ever try something different. I bought a pack of the Blacks non menthol to see how they were and I wasn't very satisfied. They are definitely smoother, but if I wanted a smooth tobacco I definitely wouldn't be smoking Reds to begin with, lol.
They kind of reminded me of Camels. The pack is a like a millimeter taller than the Reds regular length. The filter paper comes up a little higher, like they do on the Mediums or the 100's.
I sent my boyfriend a text and told him about trying the Blacks, and I said that I think whenever they come out with special blend cigarettes, it's pretty much the tobacco they sweep from off the floor and under the machinery. Special blends always taste stale to me. I won't be buying another pack. I probably won't even finish the one that I bought. They were 50 cents cheaper, so that was a bonus here in PA where Marlboros cost around 6-7 dollars a pack. I remember going to FL and buying a carton for 28 dollars...makes me want to fly down just to pick up a few and store in the freezer.
Anyway, I don't really recommend them. They don't taste very good and the first few drags feel like I'm smoking an ultra light. Back to good old Reds.
Old 02-03-2012, 09:08 AM

wiccan1 is on a distinguished road
Default they are in cali now

a friend of mine gave me a marlboro black mentholking size cuz i was out of smokes till i got my check at 3 am it was ok with a small aftertaste but the black full flavor dont have the aftertaste but the rush is awesome
Old 02-03-2012, 09:12 AM

wiccan1 is on a distinguished road

but after these two packs im going back to red 100s due to the after taste and hey i had two two dollar off coupons so they cast like 2.55 each compared to 6.15 each
Old 02-29-2012, 12:33 PM
Entry Member

Peacebyrd is on a distinguished road
Default re-rolling the blacks?

unfortunately the FSC paper will remain. it's "the law" but we buy marlboro red 100's and rip them open and re-roll them and that's pretty nice. Wondering if anyone has thought to do that with these blacks yet. If I can get my hubby to try them, he's a die-hard red 100's smoker, I'll post his review.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:21 AM

chinese master is on a distinguished road

Any more details for this item?heavy or light compare to regular red?
Old 07-17-2012, 10:26 PM

webslave is on a distinguished road

Went into town to do some shopping and noticed them in the display case. Seems there on sale or something. Still wasn't going to pay the 4 something a pack.

Thanks for the info tho' guys.