Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > Introductions Everyone? » Well since I didn't do it sooner.

Well since I didn't do it sooner.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 04:38 AM

Rodwy is on a distinguished road
Smile Well since I didn't do it sooner.

Hello I'm Rodwy and I'm a newer smoker, I've only been smoking for about 4-6 months and am 18. I live in California and started out with Marlboro Reds, which I liked, then bought a pack of Camel Crushes which I never finished btw. After that I smoked Marlboro No 27's for a while and am now trying out Lucky Strikes. I hope to try rolling my own for a while after I finish a pack or two of the Luckies, although I've never been good at rolling but I haven't tried more than a couple times. It might be a while as it takes some time for me to kill a pack.

I'm a student and come from a smoking family, although to my knowledge they don't know about me smoking and I'd like to keep it that way until I'm out of the house or at least till I think they'll be ok with it when I'm a little older.

I think this is a rather nice forum and hope to see it become more active in the time to come.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:02 AM

cooldude is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to cooldude Send a message via Yahoo to cooldude Send a message via Skype™ to cooldude
During my first stint with college after the US Coast Guard (1977), my parents didn't know I smoked until I was 26 yrs old (1982) when I dropped out of my junior year. Fortunately, I left in good standing and my undergraduate record was preserved so nicely. In 2005 my parents were all passed on but I return to that very school and get a certificate in Microsoft IT Academy for MSServer2003. I graduated in May of '07 with the A.S. in computer science so I'm a happy camper now! I love computers and I love my favorite cigarette brands!
Old 01-03-2009, 03:07 PM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Rodwy View Post
Hello I'm Rodwy and I'm a newer smoker, I've only been smoking for about 4-6 months and am 18. I live in California and started out with Marlboro Reds, which I liked, then bought a pack of Camel Crushes which I never finished btw. After that I smoked Marlboro No 27's for a while and am now trying out Lucky Strikes. I hope to try rolling my own for a while after I finish a pack or two of the Luckies, although I've never been good at rolling but I haven't tried more than a couple times. It might be a while as it takes some time for me to kill a pack.

I'm a student and come from a smoking family, although to my knowledge they don't know about me smoking and I'd like to keep it that way until I'm out of the house or at least till I think they'll be ok with it when I'm a little older.

I think this is a rather nice forum and hope to see it become more active in the time to come.

Hi, welcome to the smoker's club, lol. So you just started smoking huh? 18? That's cool, I guess. Be prepared to be looked down upon by everyone around you who isn't a smoker. My first time I smoked I was like you and started out with Marlboro Reds. Then I switched to Camel Turkish Silver, and now I smoke Camel Filters. You know if you don't know how to roll your own cigarette- you can always buy one of those machines that roll them for you, my friend owns one of those, never rolls his own- he relies on that machine to do the job for him.

I'm not much of a lucky strike man myself, a little too strong for me. Everytime I smoke one of those, I'm like gasping for air because it's hard to breathe after smoking those. Anyways, welcome here, not alot of people here post regularly.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by CamelMan324 View Post
Hi, welcome to the smoker's club, lol. So you just started smoking huh? 18? That's cool, I guess. Be prepared to be looked down upon by everyone around you who isn't a smoker. My first time I smoked I was like you and started out with Marlboro Reds. Then I switched to Camel Turkish Silver, and now I smoke Camel Filters. You know if you don't know how to roll your own cigarette- you can always buy one of those machines that roll them for you, my friend owns one of those, never rolls his own- he relies on that machine to do the job for him.

I'm not much of a lucky strike man myself, a little too strong for me. Everytime I smoke one of those, I'm like gasping for air because it's hard to breathe after smoking those. Anyways, welcome here, not alot of people here post regularly.

I started learning how to roll yesterday, it took me a few tries but I'm getting some somewhat decent cigs now. The tobacco's great but my rolling isn't.

As for the Luckies, I was somewhat hesitant about buying them as they're non-filtered, but after smoking a couple I knew I liked them. If rolling doesn't work out how I like it I'll go back to Luckies.

Last edited by Rodwy; 01-03-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road

There's an easier way to make your cigs. Buy a Premier machine, a bag of loose tobacco, a carton of cig tubes, and you set to go by putting tobacco in the machine, put the open end of the cig tube on the part of the Premier where you place the tube, pull the lever, and presto! You made a cig without rolling paper and licking it!

I believe a MYO kit (machine, tubes, and pounds of loose tobacco) is at least 20-25 bucks at stuffyourown.com But I might be wrong. I'm sure you can also buy machines OFFLINE at places that sell the roll-your-own materials.

The only negative on making cigs with the help of a machine is you can't make nonfiltered cigs. Rollin em up is the only way you can make your own NF's.

It takes practice to roll em up. But good luck. I bet you'll get the hang of it.
Old 01-04-2009, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by cooljay788 View Post
There's an easier way to make your cigs. Buy a Premier machine, a bag of loose tobacco, a carton of cig tubes, and you set to go by putting tobacco in the machine, put the open end of the cig tube on the part of the Premier where you place the tube, pull the lever, and presto! You made a cig without rolling paper and licking it!

I believe a MYO kit (machine, tubes, and pounds of loose tobacco) is at least 20-25 bucks at stuffyourown.com But I might be wrong. I'm sure you can also buy machines OFFLINE at places that sell the roll-your-own materials.

The only negative on making cigs with the help of a machine is you can't make nonfiltered cigs. Rollin em up is the only way you can make your own NF's.

It takes practice to roll em up. But good luck. I bet you'll get the hang of it.
I'm getting better at it, I figured out it's better to make them a little skinner than regular cigs as it's easier to get a tight roll, because the looser the tobacco, the harsher the smoke.
Old 01-05-2009, 05:52 PM

bobbyT is on a distinguished road

welcome rodwy!!! if you havent tried nat shermans yet, give em a try....they"re great cigarettes!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:09 PM

jlong is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by cooljay788 View Post

Yes, the machines work fantastic. You can try them with a $6.00 plastic handheld model. If you like it, buy the $40 all metal machine that should last for years. A carton of cigs runs $40 and higher in some states so the machine pays for itself in a week or two.
Old 01-17-2009, 01:42 AM

barfly is on a distinguished road
I'd get the metal machine off the bat. Seems like that probably wouldn't jam up so bad when it gets jammed up. I'm going to start RMO soon as I get somewhere that sells the stuff. I can't do it online right now. I have to go to an outlet or tobacco shop at the mall or someplace. I think I might really got buy a Hookah and get me a stash of that Blueberry Zen or Blackberry flavored tobaccos they sell. We got three hookah bars in my town. One is packed every night (they have live sounds), one has good weekend crowds and the other is always empty. I go to the one with the live sounds mostly but, I haven't been there for a while because of this recession in the USA (Florida for me).
Old 01-20-2009, 12:43 PM

jlong is on a distinguished road

Yes, the all metal machine is easy to un-jam and clean. Sometimes loose tobacco powder gets into the mechanism or moist tobacco clogs the chamber.

You get a feel after awhile for the right "push" on the lever and the right moisture level and texture of the tobacco. Some roll easier than others. Some tobaccos are packed looser than others.

It takes some experimenting to find the right tobacco and you can buy 3/4 ounce samplers. To go into it blindly, Premier or Drum are probably good choices to sample. They both roll nicely in machines.

Last edited by jlong; 01-20-2009 at 12:46 PM.