Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Navigation »Cigarette Forum & Smokers Community > Smokers Forum > General Smokers Discussion » Yesterday and Today - How much did your Pack Cost?

Yesterday and Today - How much did your Pack Cost?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2009, 11:16 PM

Adanai is on a distinguished road
Default Yesterday and Today - How much did your Pack Cost?

The tax thing sucks. My pack went up from 5.94 to 6.90 today for a pack of Natural American Spirits - was rather upset about that.

What about you guys, how much did your pack cost?
Old 07-02-2009, 08:19 AM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

Democrats got another tax on smokes passed I take it? Which state are you in and have you looked to see the republicans are the only ones to continually veto new cigarettes taxes and other taxes alike? While it will be almost impossible to reverse new taxes, a certain party at least keeps taxes "lower". I have to admit, at $7 a pack I would without a doubt be forced to quit or buy my smokes from the black market which does not bother me. They say I support terrorism by buying smokes this way but I am forced to so who are the real terrorist?
Old 07-02-2009, 12:12 PM

storrs19 is on a distinguished road

When I started smoking in 1989 any pack of cigarettes was 89 cents a pack in Indiana. I remember buying a carton of Lark for $8.25 then they gradually went up so by 1995 they were $12.90 per carton. Now they would set me back $62 per carton but I switched long ago to Marlboro then Winston when the ridiculously high taxes became the norm and companies started issuing buy downs on Marlboro and Winston.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:59 AM

Whyte Lyon is on a distinguished road

Djarum is past $8.00per pack where I live. Good thing I order online
Old 07-11-2009, 10:25 PM
Super Moderator

Chief Smoker is on a distinguished road
Default Cigarette prices going up overnight

I was paying $39 dollars for carton of Marlboro here in Virginia at a local gas station (last week). Yesterday, I went to the same station and he checked me out at $49. I said 'Are you kidding me?" He said "No prices just went up". I call bullshit and left the station, went across the street to CVS (of all places) and they were still @ $40. (whew~)
Old 07-14-2009, 03:35 PM

BHeidel is on a distinguished road
Angry

I payed $9.50 for a pack of Camels today...I live in Chicago and the city taxes are beyond horrific.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:55 AM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Adanai View Post
The tax thing sucks. My pack went up from 5.94 to 6.90 today for a pack of Natural American Spirits - was rather upset about that.

What about you guys, how much did your pack cost?

I know tell me about it. My Camels were like 5.24 last time I checked- and then next day- Bam- they're up to like 5.90 a pack. This should be a crime what they're doing. I think every smoker should just quit and refuse to pay these taxes. Once people quit buying cigs and once the government doesn't have any tax money to take from cigs- they'll be begging for more people to come back and start smoking again.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:13 AM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

Keep your eyes peeled for lower prices, I guess PM, RJR, and Lorillard did not lose as many customers so they are reverting their Obama (supposed to be schip tax that is now paying for safelink) sales tax plus price increase. Marlboro's just dropped to around 33.99 - 34.99 down from 37.99-40.99 and Camels have dropped from 37.99-40.99 down to 35.50-36.99 in NC. I am an avid Doral smoker but my prices have not dropped that much. Doral has been put into the premium line so their prices have just remained around 30.69-31.69 (oh well with discounts).

Continue writing your congressmen and women to tell them you have had it up to your eye balls with new taxes. No one likes angry people calling them daily so treat them like a delinquent credit card account and you are the collection agency. I feel we are making progress in NC by banding together but most states are not to this point yet (CA and NY....come on......)

NEVER GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO DO WHAT YOU WANT......IT IS YOUR RIGHT!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:34 PM

Smokey1981 is on a distinguished road

well i quit buying smokes by the pack several years ago, its cheaper by the carton. Anyway I was paying 37.99 with no tax for Winstons. We have two smoke shops in las vegas that are located on Paiute land, and are tax exempt.

but since all cigs just recently with FSC (Fire Sh*T Cig) i just couldnt handle my fav brand anymore. I tried FSC American spirits, and they where better..but the price is high.

this store sells a bunch of Native american brands, like smokin joes, sky dancer, Market, Native

i t ried the the Native brand, non-fsc..and actually like them..and at 25 dollars a carton i cant complain.

just hoping they stay non fsc for at least a while. Making your own smokes is a pain in the butt.. but will have to do it.

FSC bites
Old 08-02-2009, 09:38 PM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by wipeout97 View Post
Keep your eyes peeled for lower prices, I guess PM, RJR, and Lorillard did not lose as many customers so they are reverting their Obama (supposed to be schip tax that is now paying for safelink) sales tax plus price increase. Marlboro's just dropped to around 33.99 - 34.99 down from 37.99-40.99 and Camels have dropped from 37.99-40.99 down to 35.50-36.99 in NC. I am an avid Doral smoker but my prices have not dropped that much. Doral has been put into the premium line so their prices have just remained around 30.69-31.69 (oh well with discounts).

Continue writing your congressmen and women to tell them you have had it up to your eye balls with new taxes. No one likes angry people calling them daily so treat them like a delinquent credit card account and you are the collection agency. I feel we are making progress in NC by banding together but most states are not to this point yet (CA and NY....come on......)

NEVER GIVE UP YOUR RIGHT TO DO WHAT YOU WANT......IT IS YOUR RIGHT!

Well I think I just got a pretty good break today- I bought 2 packs of Marlboro Reds today and only paid 10.28 for those-That's a pretty good deal where I live. Usually 2 packs of Reds are more like 11.50-12.50 for 2 packs.