Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Best Menthol Cigarette ?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 12:40 AM

Fumatore is on a distinguished road
Default Best Menthol Cigarette ?

I'd actually appreciate it if you guys put together a decent post on why you think a certain brand is the best menthol. I've only tried Kools, so my next pack I will be getting something else. Normally I smoke Marlboro 27's but lately I've been wanting to get into menthol's.

Last edited by Chief Smoker; 07-02-2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:51 PM

Max is on a distinguished road

To me, menthol cigarettes are completely pointless now that they are FSC. The only ones I can tolerate and actually taste like menthol are Benson & Hedges Menthol.
Old 06-15-2009, 09:03 PM

CamelMan324 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Fumatore View Post
I'd actually appreciate it if you guys put together a decent post on why you think a certain brand is the best menthol. I've only tried Kools, so my next pack I will be getting something else. Normally I smoke Marlboro 27's but lately I've been wanting to get into menthol's.

I smoke Newport Mediums- that's like my diehard brand now- haven't switched to anything- I've smoked nothing but Newport Mediums for the past 5 months- and I have to say-these cigs kick ass. I love these things. If you want my recommendation- pick Newport or Newport Medium- great menthol cigs.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:14 AM

PiccoloNamek is on a distinguished road

Nat Sherman Hint of Mint. (Menthol, now.)
Old 06-25-2009, 09:59 AM

wipeout97 is on a distinguished road

Have to say the Nat's are something different to my taste buds. I got a free carton a year ago from our cigarette superstore and it reminded me somewhat of the mint in andy's mints. If you hate newport, marl, and camel then this could be for you .
Old 06-26-2009, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

cooljay788 is on a distinguished road

I'd agree with Benson and Hedges menthols being one of the best menthols if this was 10 years ago, before PM changed their look and taste in 2005 or 2006. BH menthols used to taste stronger back in the late 90s.

Newport is the best menthol to me. FSC Newports taste more normal if you keep them in the freezer.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:44 PM

Adanai is on a distinguished road

NAS Menthols taste a little different, as it's held in the filter a little differently than most cigarettes. Also, Camel Crushes are REALLY mentholie, but they get old fast.

Newports are great as well.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:58 AM

Whyte Lyon is on a distinguished road

Smoking Newports right now. I tried Camel Crush and it seems the menthol is really strong at first but, it almost disappears later. Newports don't really taste like menthol to me at all but I have no problems with them.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:19 PM

Mike D is on a distinguished road
Default VS 120 menthols

I think Virginia Slims 120's Menthol are the best , i think.
Old 10-09-2009, 12:13 PM

thor91 is on a distinguished road

I pretty much agree with the reccomendations posted. My favorie being Natural American Spirit Menthol, the epitome of a good strong menthol that's also undeniably smooth while still having that NAS all natural taste intact. Second would be Benson & Hedges, I know it sounds ridiculous but to me, the Menthol taste of a luxurious champagne with a twist of mint, which is extremely pleasant and still has that classic and undefinable robust B&H taste. Lastly, Newport Mediums(Preferrably 100s), that signature Newport taste, but Mediums I fid to have a smoother and more definable taste with a lot more consistency. As for Virginia Slims, I have never tried anything from them(which is surprising since I never get the same brand back to back and still havn't tried them). I will probably try them within the next week & based on the ratings on this site and how many people I see smoking them, the Luxury Lights(menthol) seem to be very popular.